Thread: August 2018 updates

August 2018 updates

We are still working hard on all of the figures for the end of the year/contract. They all look like they will make it on time.

To answer a couple of questions:

General Hawk's Harness:

It is a coincidence that the final colors look similar to Funskool. That was not our intention with this figure. Colors and accessories can vary in the final version, despite our best attempts to monitor. We have been very lucky over the years that this has not happened more often.

Budo's Helmet:

This head won't allow the helmet to seat correctly and stay on this head- so we had to glue it. On the next figure Bushido, we didn't have to glue it as it friction fits. Sometimes you have to make a decision that is the best that can be done, even though it is not perfect.

So what is done is done. We all need to move on. Can't change it, so time to move forward. I have to agree. We all need to be happy that it hasn't happened more!!

Thank you so much for the reasonable explanation. I have, from the start of FSS, subscribed every time. I have been happy with almost every single figure. There have been one or two that had me scratching me my head as far as character choices or just what I consider poor card art. All in all, I am very happy to be a subscriber and I look forward to getting more goodies in my mailbox soon. Thank you, FunPub.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    Do we have a idea when the final 12 preorders will start?

Corporal
    Not to cause any problems but after I got my helmet off and removed the glue my Budo's helmet fits just fine and it stays on unless I remove it.

Private First Class
    ^^^What skoorcard said. Budo’s helmet fits fine and stays on without glue. And Hawk looks exactly like the funskool version. Weird “coincidence”. Just sayin’.

That is an awfully crazy coincidence that resulted in a replication of the Funskool color palette.

Any idea as to why the lower legs were changed on Hawk from the original build shown?
    Last edited by leo@joebattlelines.com; 08-22-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    G.I. Joe News & Reviews - JoeBattlelines.com

Private First Class
    It looks like the lower torso was changed, not the legs. Had they used that lower torso the web gear and legging straps might've fit a bit better. It looks like it was supposed to be the Iron Grenadier lower torso, it's skinny enough to allow the web gear to close.

When you see a change in a part it's because the fit didn't work with the proposed part. Sometimes the factory has a different opinion of fit than we do.