Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2018 updates

Yes it went up from fss 7 1st. Fss 8 1st was roughly the same for fss 2nd.
    Club question. Under fss 8 1st shipment says November is that accurate?

Banned
    Shipping companies and the USPS increase rates on commercial shippers all of the time independent of what they charge regular, walk-up customers. You wouldn't likely know if they did increase their commercial rates. There is also zero evidence of what you accuse about the customers who paid in full.

jyoders19- Part of the concern for those subscribers who are doing installments is that none of those shipping services you mentioned have (as far as I know) actually increased their rates. Secondly, if the shipping services have increased their rates, the Club cannot bill those subscribers who paid in full for the shipping increase. Is the Club passing the increase in shipping charges to those who are paying installments to cover the costs they cannot recoup from those who paid in full? Said another way- should subscribers who are paying installments be charged extra to make up for what the Club cannot bill those people who already paid in full?

Private First Class
    I’m not accusing the Club of anything, but I do think some people would like to know if installment subscribers are being up charged to cover costs (shipping or otherwise) that the Club couldn’t pass on to the people who paid in full. People just want a definitive ‘yes’ or ‘no’. They don’t want to speculate.

Those paying in full upfront are giving the club bulk money that draws interest up front, interest the customers that paid upfront are giving up by doing so. The shipping costs could be the difference not in the outbound, but inbound. So if FSS only sold enough sets to produce based on the budget (no additional sets) so the margin is razor thin to begin with additional shipping costs have less room to be absorbed. In addition, the FSS up front subscribers in essence cannot back out at this point, the installment subscribers can and have for various reasons had people bow out (see some of the extras in the club store that become available from made to order sets). Each method has risks and rewards. Installment the risk is additional costs/charges for the shipments, the reward is spread out payments. The risk for the all at once subscriber is they are committed (so if you lose your job, you will still get GI Joes, but maybe not have an apartment to put them in) and you give up interest you could be earning on your money. The reward, you were all in, so the added costs cannot be added because you are already recorded as paid in full...

Private First Class
    Can someone point me to where in the FSS signup specification the installment shipping rates were listed as "subject to change"? I don't recall that.

I was a little perterbed as well over the increased shipping costs for FSS 7. I always assumed everything was locked in when the initial order ed was placed.

## ##### #### ####### ######## #### ####### #####
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 07-22-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Any personal attacks on a company, person, product or idea will not be tolerated!

Private First Class gijoeguru@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Can someone point me to where in the FSS signup specification the installment shipping rates were listed as "subject to change"? I don't recall that.
    http://www.mastercollector.com/fss/event.cfm?eid=1015

I believe that is the right link. if you go to the terms and conditions tab at the bottom (after signing in).

This is from that page...

"In addition, actual figure shipping weights may vary due to the subscription nature of these products. Actual product weights are not known when the subscription is processed. Items may also be slightly over weighted in the subscription system in order to cover handling charges. Fun Publications is not responsible for any differences in actual v. contracted charges. When you place your order, you are agreeing to the costs and charges on your invoice. If you do not agree to these charges, please do not complete the order."

I am not pleased with an increased cost of shipping. I do understand the frustration of a portion of us that pay by installments getting stuck with extra postage costs. Is it fair for one group to pay higher freight than the other? No. But life isn't fair. If we want the plastic crack we will pay it. Life will continue.
    Last edited by gijoeguru@yahoo.com; 07-21-2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: additional information

FunPub is the ONLY source of 4" Joe figures. I am not saying I enjoy paying heightened fees. I am saying I will with minimal complaint, knowing that the alternative is getting nothing at all. It's somewhat the same as paying double, triple or even higher than the original price for con exclusive items.

I've never understood why the club hasn't been able to secure better shipping rates over the years. While shipping costs for individuals have steadily increased there has been a seemingly downward trend for online businesses (I'm not an expert; please correct me if I'm wrong).