Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS! FSS 7.0 Figure Discussion

Well, it seems like we just got the first set and here comes the next wave of FSS 7.0. Hopefully they keep this pace up so we get through 7 and get to FSS 8 soon.

The next two figures are:

Dusty & Sandstorm
    Dreadnok Kaos
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Dusty looks ok. He would look better if he had a neck, but his head appears to sit a little low. Sandstorm looks better than expected. I was afraid he’d look too much like Timber, but the different color seems to creat just enough difference to make a wolf acceptable as a coyote. Kaos looks pretty good! He’s a little plain looking but still a great figure! I’m gladly adding him to my Dreadnok team. I didn’t need another Dusty figure because the POC version is so great! But, since this new version comes with Sandstorm, I may replace the POC version with the FSS7 version. 4 solid figures in FSS7 so far; keep them coming Club!!!

Private First Class wuala87@gmail.com's Avatar
    the web gear of Dusty fss 7 to whom it belongs?

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    FSS 7.0 shipment one just arrived in Miramichi, New Brunswick Canada. Very happy. Enjoy the summer everyone.

I believe that webgear was first used with the POC Jungle Duke figure, and has been used on several others since then: Slaughters Marauders (7 pack) Spirit, Oktober Guard Stormavik, Retaliation Kamakura, Retaliation wave 2 Flint, Joe Con Skymate, 50th blue Dusty, and possibly some more I'm forgetting.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com's Avatar
    POC 30th Stalker also uses the Dusty webgear. Speaking of Dusty... the DG Duke head (which is just a blond 30th / 50th Dusty head) works just fine for a slightly longer neck. It's a slightly lighter skin tone, but i think it works fine as "farmer's tan" kind of look.
    ~ the Baconnaire

I was very surprised to see wave 2 arrive so quickly after W1. Overall I'm happy with the figures. Dusty is nice ME update to the '91 figure. I too was concerned that Sandstorm would look too much like a desert version of Timber. However the coloring is very good and I don't immediately think of Timber. What's up with his neck? It looks like he's hunched or trying to trying to prevent a sunburn.

Koas is a nice Dreadnok trooper figure and great companion piece to Heartwrencher. Personally, I would have preferred a different character, but what can you do?

Looking forward to Waves 3 and 4 arriving in the next few weeks as the next installment in this Mon.

Private First Class terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com's Avatar
    wave 3 is:

Kangor
    Arctic Cobra Commander

honestly, the 2 i was looking LEAST forward to. (I never got Big Boa, so Kangor might end up acting out both their parts) But now that they're out of the way, the remaining shipments will definitely put a big smile on my face.
    ~ the Baconnaire

Banned
    How the heck have the CANADA shipments gotten there from Fort Worth, Texas before shipments from there to Chicago?

Not sure. But I have noticed they are arriving very few days after they are posted online. Never used to be so close together.
    CRYSTAL BALL'S JOLLY GREATS