Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HasLab ideas

Depriest has expressed interest in doing Joe Haslab projects.
    That's encouraging news. Just hope it's a combo of figures and vehicles.

Regarding DTC, it was a great concept that was ahead of its time. DTC suffered from odd distribution (to me it seemed like a Hasbro produced club exclusive). The DTC also suffered from only 3 waves and the deput of the 25th line. Otherwise it was a great extension of the gone too soon new sculpt era. DTC was also before Kickstarter and KS has proven that large collector-focused action figure lines are still popular, albeit among a much smaller audience.

So the question remains, how do we as collectors and fans get a voice to Hasbro about what we want when the club is over? How do we let them know the things we are excited for the possibility of, and the things we are desperate for?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    If someone really wanted to get Hasbro's attention for Haslam they could petition on change.org this would give people the ability to show support for a haslab project

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Agreed. Change.org and a petition website if someone set one up. We can also look for a Hasbro inbox that would be like sending letters back in the day. Then inundate then with emails. I have gone thru the last 2 Hasbro quarterly earnings report transcripts and found two things stand out. First is that they are focusing on their core brands right now (I think personally that’s from rising costs and volatile demand levels with too many brands) and that seems to be brands with a movie to support. Which means we might be stuck until a Joe movie comes along. Second is that their biggest brand is...... NERF. Joe might go dormant for a while but I don’t think it goes away.

Banned
    You have to also remember that, no matter how far off 2022 is, there IS a GI Joe movie in the works through Paramount and that's going to factor heavily into whatever plan there is for GI Joe. If a Haslab project can be figured into the marketing for a movie it'd certainly fit into their plans.

If Haslab did a set of everything the club has shown it was planning to get to in the July issue of the magazine, I imagine that would have a high enough price point/profit margin to be worth Hasbro stockholders' time and effort AND be something that could easily get approval from traditional fans here in the club and even a few from outside the traditional audience as there could be a movie tie-in. Who wouldn't want to see T.A.R.G.A.T. in a movie?

Haslab has seemed to be geared to large vehicle type projects. If Hasbro was going to lay dormant with Joe for a while, would it not be a good strategy to unleash a large Haslab item among with a retail presence that covers a movie tie in along with some throwbacks to fill in the 82-94 run? Maybe Haslab even gets used for a kickstarter in the meantime.

This would be cool...

All posts made are not personal, do not read them that way or it will be on you, not me.

That is something likely to be made by Haslab based on the SW Sail barge that fans would get into.