Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of this Forum

Future of this Forum

or is there even a future...

So we know the Club ceases to exist Dec 31, 2018. On January 1 does this forum continue as a read only? continue as is without "Fun Pub" moderation, but those currently moderating continuing as volunteers? Continue on without moderation? or will it be deleted from existence in it's entirety?

As a part of GI Joe History someone should preserve these discussions for future fans, research of past ideas, fan ideas etc in my opinion. Others thoughts?

How do we preserve this great GI Joe asset, with the end coming so quickly now...
    All posts made are not personal, do not read them that way or it will be on you, not me.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Start up an indie forum. Have a section for the "GIJCC Archives."

Copy and paste.

There's a lot of material here, so if that sounds reasonable, we've gotta start now.
    The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help.

But you're not helping.

Private First Class heathernjohn7@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    If you're a 12" collector, but even if you're not, there is a wonderful forum at http://www.thetrenchesforum.com/ run by Scott and Charlotte Beckmann - longtime Joe collectors. The forum only has a few dozen members currently, because it was hacked last year and all data was lost. So members are gradually finding their way back. It's now different software, but it works the same as before. If you have never been a Trencher, this is a good time to start.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    There's also a couple Action Man forums that are stellar as well. Not normally you guys' specialty, but worth a look. I'm a member on both, and an Admin on one. You can find me by the handle "ActionYankee."

http://actionmanhq.co.uk/forum/usercp.php?

http://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/
    The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn itself over but it can't. Not without your help.

But you're not helping.

Would Hasbro IT be willing to take over the site? Would they be allowed? While the name and GI Joe property is licensed this is really Fun Pub's property. It would be a monumental effort to cut and past every post from all the threads.
    All posts made are not personal, do not read them that way or it will be on you, not me.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Very slim chance that this forum continues in any way. Fun pub gets a license for G.I. Joe but the mother ship controls the intellectual property. Members will have to start their own forum of some kind, or we will disperse amongst other sites and message boards. I really hope it doesn’t pan out that way but not optimistic on it.
    Last edited by etquick2003@yahoo.com; 07-04-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Some didn’t post
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.

So what your saying is member of Hiss Tank, Serpentor's Lair, General Joes need to start taking screenshots now..

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Exactomundo. Sadly.

Captain
    There's already forums on several other fansites. I plan to just migrate over there.

I am a member of HISS Tank, but I use their FB page more than the forum. I just don't want the history here lost...