Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final GIJCC Figure Sets Announced at JoeCon

Final GIJCC Figure Sets Announced at JoeCon

In case you missed it, there was some unexpected new products from the Club announced this weekend at JoeCon. I did not attend the convention, so this is all secondhand information, and I don't have any pictures to post. Please provide addition details/pictures if you have them.

The big thing is a final set of 12 carded figures sold as six separate two packs (not a 12 figure subscription). They will ship in FSS style boxes. It's an all repaint wave that seems to be what they could get produced quickly, I suppose.

Sonic Fighters Falcon vs Sonic Fighters Road Pig
    Sonic Fighters Dodger vs Sonic Fighters Viper
    Slaughter's Marauders Barbecue & Low Light (builds from the BBTS 7 pack in vintage Marauder's colors)
    European Tiger Force Hit & Run & Psyche-Out
    European Tiger Force Blizzard & Tunnel Rat
    Black Spider? (based on Adventure Team character) vs Coils O'Doom (brand new character with ties to Crimson Asp?)

Also announced was a Cobra Night Stalkers 3-pack (black female troopers, each will have different hair/skin color) and a Ninja Force Zartan with motorcycle set (the motorcycle is a repaint of the POC Doom Cycle).

No info given on price or timing yet, but we will probably see an official announcement on the club site sometime soon. I believe it was stated they cannot produce or sell products (take orders, collect money) after December 31, but they are allowed to ship preordered items in 2019. It's possible we see preorders for these products before the end of the year and don't actually get them (or some of the FSS 8 figures) until next year.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Captain
    Super sweet! Glad we're getting the sonic fighters builds even if - like the law, Tunnel Rat and Lamprey sold at the convention - they don't have the talking backpacks.

Really loving the Zartan and Road Pig mock-ups.

Private First Class xerofall@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Can we get official pics soon?

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I have questions, hopefully admin. will chime in. Are these going to just show up in the club store, or is there going to be a preorder time period? Supposedly, Sonic Fighters Law, Tunnel Rat & Lamprey sold out at Joecon; is that it or will more be available with the rest of the Sonic Fighters?

Captain
    Sold out at Joecon means sold out as at previous Joecons. Your best bet is the secondary market.

Another great thing about this is if they are shipped in "FSS style" boxes then that means they will be single-carded and shipped two to a box. That's a great thing for those of us who don't like the two-pack and three-pack cards which are harder to preserve and seem to come loose more easily than the single cards.

Corporal
    I have questions, hopefully admin. will chime in. Are these going to just show up in the club store, or is there going to be a preorder time period? Supposedly, Sonic Fighters Law, Tunnel Rat & Lamprey sold out at Joecon; is that it or will more be available with the rest of the Sonic Fighters?
    Pre order but no dates were given as to when

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Sold out at Joecon means sold out as at previous Joecons. Your best bet is the secondary market.
    Maybe, but not necessarily. The club has had “club” exclusives at cons before. They’ve also had product available at Joecon; when they only received a partial shipment. It sells out & when the rest arrives it goes up for sale again.

Captain
    Yes, I'm saying anything that sold out at the show doesn't go to the Club Store. I'm not familiar with any situation where they did a reorder and sold more of something that sold out at the show.

The "Final 12" collection will be single carded figures sold in pairs that will ship together in the FSS style box. Watch for the promotional images to be showcased in the GIJCC magazine and posted in the club store when production schedule and pricing is confirmed with the factory.

Any left over 2018 GIJoeCon souvenirs will be added to the club store after inventory and an email announcement will be sent to the club membership as well as posted in the June updates.

Private First Class
    Maybe, but not necessarily. The club has had “club” exclusives at cons before. They’ve also had product available at Joecon; when they only received a partial shipment. It sells out & when the rest arrives it goes up for sale again.
    The sonic law, sonic tunnel rat, and sonic lamprey were "Convention exclusives". They sold out. Club exclusives are like big lob, rock n roll 2, pythona etc. yes the club brought some of the carded pythonas a couple years back and those did sell out there but they only brought some of those. the rest were available online after the show.