Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon: 3 3/4" Box Artwork Preview!

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I just reread the description and I didn't see anything about FULL UNIT. I did see where Sgt Smasher chooses the members of the rescue team.
    I don't see how you missed it. It's the first sentence!!!!!

Corporal
    Thats the description of the artwork which depicts the characters that have been announced, if you read the unit description on the box it states that Sgt. Smasher chooses the members of the rescue team from the Marauders unit. No offense but it doesn't make sense to not have at least Barbecue and Low Light in Marauder colors to complete the unit. Just like it makes no sense to not have the Rock Viper and Saw Viper now with that being said we know that there's no vehicles this year, so why not add some of the figures that we have asked for as con exclusives nobody ever said that the exclusives had to be related to the main set.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Looks amazing, great job

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    I thought the name Slaughter was not allowed. Perhaps just his image.

Hi Guys,

The description is only about the characters on the box artwork that are part of the 15-figure exclusive set. Also, Hasbro, Inc. owns the trademark to the team name.

Thanks for the feedback!

Simply Awesome! Can't wait.

Corporal
    I thought the name Slaughter was not allowed. Perhaps just his image.
    No name and no likness copyright held by a certain wrestling company

Yes, the character "Sgt. Slaughter" was created as a wrestling persona in the WWE and that name and likeness are trademarks owned by Robert Remus/WWE. Despite the obvious association, the name "Slaughter's Marauders" is a separate trademark owned and created by Hasbro for their action figure line, and licensed for use by the GIJCC. Therefore we can get a set called "Slaughter's Marauders" with the vintage figure deco as long as they don't use the name "Sgt. Slaughter" or likeness of Remus's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    Also, Hasbro, Inc. owns the trademark to the team name.
    I thought this was the case. I think people read too much into the wording; this does not necessarily mean there will or won't be more team members available as con exclusives.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)