Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Ok let's go back on topic. How many actual ninja commandos could still be made? Ninja force seems to be a relative term. The ninja and commando combo were cool because when I lined up the heavy artillery it kinda made ninjas superfluous. I'm trying to guess which boring ninja force figure I will decide whether to trade or not.
    Last edited by etquick2003@yahoo.com; 05-14-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Strange autocorrects. Kinda,got awkward actually.
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.

FYI... for those of you that don't want to wait a year, we just might have another clue for you at our "GIJCC: The Last Panel" on Sunday afternoon of GIJoeCon weekend.

Private First Class efvogler3rd@yahoo.com's Avatar
    So how does the concept Vault Ninja figures fit into the equation? I mean we just got Dreadnok Chaos, I figure these guys might all be on the table. I never paid attention to whether they were meant to be part of an expanded Ninja Force subset or something else.

1. Beast Ninja
    2. Green Snake Ninja Master
    3. Gold Ninja Assassin
    4. Dark Ninja Force Leader
    5. Ghost Ninja Henchmen
    6. Blue Ninja Warrior Monk

I am not even considering the Ninja Zombie figures. Still think it will be Banzai, but if now a clarification is going to be added at the Con, then the plot thickens? KNockout would be a cool addition as a homage to the Ninja Commandos.

I know some of you would like to see Zartan, I would hate it. A sore reminder of what killed the line originally. Nonetheless a fitting figure of stature to signify the sad end of another era for the club and for Joe fans everywhere. So he can't be a Mr. Irrelevant.

As the final figure from the Club, the vault ninjas or ninja commandos would just be odd.

Corporal
    As the final figure from the Club, the vault ninjas or ninja commandos would just be odd.
    Agreed. The FSS is supposed to be somewhat based on wants by the club,and unless you were at the convention showing the vault or concept ninjas no one is going to ask for them. And as for the ninja commandos why ask for figures never seen or produced just doesn't make sense to me.

First of all, I think the most likely figures are Banzai and Zartan. The simplest interpretation of a very vague clue, is that it's an original Ninja Force member we don't have yet, and we can all envision ways of doing these two figures with existing parts. Somebody at the club with decision making power obviously has a soft spot for the original ninjas, even if some older collectors don't like them. We got Dice in FSS 1, T'JBang in a con set, Slice and NCL in FSS 3, then Nunchuk in FSS 4, Scarlett in the crossover set, Dojo in FSS 6, Jinx and Budo in FSS 7, and Bushido in FSS 8. At this point I don't know why they wouldn't include both of these figures somehow.

With that said, the clue didn't specifically say it had to be a member of the original "Ninja Force" branded figures. If you are looking for an outside the box, dark horse pick besides the obvious ones, do you remember what happened towards the end of the original Marvel run? On the cover they started printing "GI Joe Starring SNAKE EYES & NINJA FORCE." They all said that, even if Snake Eyes wasn't really the focus of the issue. I wonder if there are any characters that showed up during those later issues that have loose ties to Ninja Force they might be making?
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com's Avatar
    issues 132-134, after Cobra invaded the pit, right before the cover change to feature Snake Eyes and the Ninja Force... Duke, Roadblock, Lady Jaye, and Snake Eyes attacked Cobra Island, and found Firefly leading Slice and Dice and the Red Ninjas. (he brainwashed them with the Brainwave Scanner, of course). Firefly used the Arashakage Scorpian Formation to attack Snake Eyes.

so, yeah, Firefly is another possibility.

EDIT: Firefly (v3) from 1993 is the figure drawn in the comic, green in colour with grey accents
    Last edited by terran_brackiatt@yahoo.com; 05-19-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    ~ the Baconnaire

Banzai!

But it would be cool if it was Mohawk Zartan.
    Anyone else need not apply...

Banzai is the only remaining Ninja Force I would be interested in unless we are counting apprentices, in which case I'd like to see either Junko Akita or Tiger Claw... or a better version of Kamakura possibly with and without his mask.