Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by rjhiii@sover.net View Post
    What was released under the banner, and what is classified at Hasbro under the banner may be two separate things... Since he designed the 13th, and since he works for Hasbro I would put faith in him not being wrong from his internal perspective. Plus he is a self avowed fan of the Ninja Force (of which I never was). I also would not say you are wrong from your limited external point of view, because you are making your assumptions on what you have been exposed to, which is limited because you do not have access to internal stuff at Hasbro.
    Hey I never said that I wanted the 13th figure to be a ninja. SO QUIT RAMMING YOUR WISH LIST DOWN MY THROAT!!!!! I'm trying to be civil , unlike you, I simply pointed out what we as collectors know to be actual Ninja Force characters from either the toy line or the comics. I never once said that theese characters were better than any other characters. And before you go ramming you personal beliefs at other people simply because it's different from yours isn't right. Maybe you should open up a discussion with the other person. You may have more in common than you little brain can handle, yes I said after 3 yrs you have been trying to belittle me every chance you have gotten. I simply asked if there's more ninja characters than are known because they were never released or what ever its not feasible to have them be the last figure the club gives us. So in conclusion grow up and quit being a bully because your not a very good one.

Stop reading emotions into a post that are not there. I said, I personally do not like Ninja Force, I personally would not have updated them ever. I have never personally singled you out, and if you feel that way, that is in your reading of my words, not in my thoughts typing them. I do not know who you are nor do I honestly care. Everything you think I said about you, is you inserting your emotional response into a cold text, not my emotions going into the text being typed. Sorry, if you felt like it singled you out, it did not. Your are not that special or memorable for me to direct my ire towards.

My statement is purely factual- you are making assumptions that only the stuff you know about that was released is all there is. The Hasbro employee indicates he personally knows of 13 characters that could fit. Before the concept case, no one knew of Chaos publicly, and thanks to Dan Klingensmith we know their was a design for a Native American inspired Dreadnok. Until those internal reveals were made public only Hasbro employees knew they existed and Dreadnok fans (of which I am) would have argued they never appeared in the cartoons,comics or toys and thereby did not exist. We would be wrong in reality, but from our perspective of what is publicly known would be correct. However, you are right- I did make an assumption that you were not a former or current Hasbro Employee. And If you are, your debate is with Bobby Vala's interpretation of internal ideas that there are 13 more members of the Ninja Force that could be made.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    might need popcorn for this thread. I i’m not a big ninja force or dread knock fan so this one will be a trade. Regardless of who we think is left in ninja force, it is up to the club and/or has row as to who is a member of that team.

Back in the day I added Joes of appropriate type to subteams. Not sure I did with Ninja Force but other ones such as Sky Patrol I did (Mainly Major Altitude and Cloudburst)

Could it be Budo? The 1995 Ninja commando cancelled version? This Budo was released sort of- This version of Budo was a repaint of the 1993 mail in figure and was supposed to be released in 1995, but was never released. However, the mold was re-used in 1996 to create the Mortal Kombat Movie Edition of Shang Tsung.

Thanks to the Ninja force fans for listing all the figures that were released not truly updated and released under their character names, thanks to the fine folks in the GI Joe FB groups and Hiss Tank for having threads on almost everything GI Joe that can e looked up easily with a BING search This is a list of characters that are in some way "Ninja sub team or specifically Ninja force related."

1. Banzai
    2. Snake Eyes (Blue diaper version)
    3. Zartan
    4. T'gin Zu (Dollar General storm Shadow for most works)
    5. Slice (orange) (Basically the Red Slice worked for most people)
    6. Lotus Steel (Ninja concept became Jinx and could have been used for Ninja Force Scarlet design)
    7. Bushido (Shadow Ninja version)
    8. Night Creeper (Shadow Ninja version)
    9. Nunchuck (Shadow Ninja version)
    10. Slice (Shadow Ninja version)
    11. Snake Eyes (Shadow Ninja version)
    12. Storm Shadow (Shadow Ninja version)
    13. Road Pig (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
    14. Knockout (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
    15. Flint (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
    16 Storm Shadow (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
    17. Budo (canceled 1995 Ninja Commandos line)
    18 Dawn Moreno ( would be an addition to Ninja Force and not a historic related character)

So this leaves a list of 18 names, now if you take off 5 for various reasons: Blue Diaper Snake Eyes (and consider the DG Blue/Black version as a Battle Corps/Ninja Force update), Orange DG Storm Shadow (Shih Tzu Gin), Call Slice orange and red basically the same, and throw out Ron Rudat's purely conceptual "Lotus Steel" and Dawn Moreno being added (the only two of these I would want personally for my niece) that leaves us exactly 13 options as Bobby Vala suggested...
    Since the Ninja (and honestly Eco Force) focus killed off GI Joe's popularity, it would make sense that the 1995 ninja stuff that never really made it to market could be highlighted for the 13th especially the one that has been the most popular. Since it looks like Budo is the best known of those cancelled figures, being itself a repaint of a Budo figure and being reused for Mortal Combat would make sense that that figure would be the one chosen. Plus it would not be a character dressed in Pink and Purple looking like a S & M reject.

From Yo Joe: "A version of Budo was supposed to be released in 1995 as part of the Ninja Commandos but was never released. However, the mold was re-used in 1996 to create the Mortal Kombat Movie Edition of Shang Tsung."
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 05-05-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Are Ninja force and ninja commandos considered the same groups? If so that opens even more confusing doors.

Ninja Commandos had their own logo, but being unreleased that could have been changed and released as another wave of Ninja Force. The logo looks identical with the red star and the font.

This may mean nothing, but just noticed how Bushido is described. His original file card says Snow Ninja, but this says Ninja Commando.

G.I. JOE NINJA COMMANDO
    Code Name: BUSHIDO

Quote Originally Posted by Macdowin@gmail.com View Post
    This may mean nothing, but just noticed how Bushido is described. His original file card says Snow Ninja, but this says Ninja Commando.

G.I. JOE NINJA COMMANDO
    Code Name: BUSHIDO
    Along this lines Dojo is no longer the "silent weapons" ninja, but also a "Ninja Commando"
    Nunchuck is also a "Ninja Commando" and not a "Nunchucka Ninja"

And it would allow the reuse of the new "Budo" head from FSS 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by rjhiii@sover.net View Post
    Along this lines Dojo is no longer the "silent weapons" ninja, but also a "Ninja Commando"
    Nunchuck is also a "Ninja Commando" and not a "Nunchucka Ninja"

And it would allow the reuse of the new "Budo" head from FSS 7.0
    Could have a lot of fun with this. Slice and Dice FSS figures are also Cobra Ninja Commandos.