Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

I would love a Banzai figure to finish Ninja Force. I was still a kid playing with my Joes when the line ended in 94 and I had most of the original Ninja Force figures, but I can understand how some older collectors wouldn't like it. It makes sense to do it in this wave, Banzai and Bushido came out the same year and were referenced as "blood brothers" on each others' file cards. Several people even commented about him when we found out Bushido was in this wave. All of that kind of makes me think it won't be him though because it is so obvious. Since we were already talking about it, I don't think they would have given the Ninja Force hint if that is who it was, but they might be trying to throw us off. Remember when we all thought we were getting TF Jinx a couple years ago? I can't wait for them to start shipping FSS 7 and 8 so we can find out.

I have a few reasons to think it will be Banzai. A) over the course of 7 FSS installments, we have only received one Cobra as the 13th and that was FSS 1 with Black Out. B) I can't see a troop builder (Red Ninja or Night Creeper) as 13. C) While I love Zartan I can't see a new head sculpt on the very last figure we will ever get and really the only way to do Zartan right is with a new head sculpt.
    Last edited by csi_kincaid@yahoo.com; 05-03-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Corporal
    I have a few reasons to think it will be Banzai. A) over the course of 7 FSS installments, we have only received one Cobra as the 13th and that was FSS 1 with Black Out. B) I can't see a troop builder (Red Ninja or Night Creeper) as 13. C) While I love Zartan I can't see a new head sculpt on the very last figure we will ever get and really the only way to do Zartan right is with a new head sculpt.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Although I wouldn't completely rule out a Red Ninja since its a simple repaint of Dice. But Banzai is the most logical choice the parts exist and its a new character

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    If it was Orange Slice it would be cool and refreshing on a summer day. But Banzai is more likely.

Private First Class efvogler3rd@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Better by Banzai. I am not a Ninja Force fan, but that finishes the team

Bobby Vala "I did that figure already... I am like, Guys, There are, think about it, there are, 13, Ninja force figures that have not been done yet... Everyone thinks it's so easy it can be him or him and I'm like welllll..."

Hoping for Banzai, but Punk rocker Zartan would fine.

Hoping for Banzai, but Punk rocker Zartan would fine.
    But what about the other 11 choices it could be... Bobby Vala is the Hasbro Team member that designed the 13th figure and he kind of indicated the him or him may not be that simple...

Corporal
    I hate to be tha bearer of bad news but Bobby is wrong. Ninja Force originally consited of 15 figures, the first 6 came out in 92 and they are

1. Dice
    2. Dojo
    3. Nunchuck
    4. Slice (red)
    5. Storm Shadow
    6. T'J Bang

Last time I checked all of theese figures have been made.
    Now in 93 there was 9 figures in all one of them being a variant of a 92 character. 93's set consisted of

1. Banzai
    2. Bushido
    3. Night Creeper
    4. Scarlett
    5. Snake Eyes
    6. Zartan
    7. Red Ninja
    8. T'gin Zu
    9. Slice (orange)

Now I'm no genius by any means but 9+6=15 and if all 6 characters from 92 have been made and if you count the Dollar General series 2 Storm Shadow as T'gin Zu then you have 3 from 93 made. So lets check our math 15-6=9 and 9-3=6.so who is he trying to add to the group? At best he could be adding the variants of Bushido, Night Creeper, Nunchuck, Slice, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow from 94 but the were called Shadow Ninjas not Ninja Force. Which still leaves 6 figures, but lets be honest, with 3 different versions of the Night Creeper , 4 versions of the Red Ninja, Slice in red,and the Dollar General series 2 Storm Shadow as T'gin Zu. I think its a safe bet to count them out, and that leaves Snake Eyes, Zartan, and Banzai left to be made end of story. And I think with tbe multiple versions of Snake Eyes he's also out leaving 2,Zartan and Banzai.

I hate to be tha bearer of bad news but Bobby is wrong. Ninja Force originally consited of 15 figures, the first 6 came out in 92 and they are
    What was released under the banner, and what is classified at Hasbro under the banner may be two separate things... Since he designed the 13th, and since he works for Hasbro I would put faith in him not being wrong from his internal perspective. Plus he is a self avowed fan of the Ninja Force (of which I never was). I also would not say you are wrong from your limited external point of view, because you are making your assumptions on what you have been exposed to, which is limited because you do not have access to internal stuff at Hasbro.
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 05-05-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Warning: Off Topic comments removed!