Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Let's be real. It's just an awesome thing that the 11th, 12th, whatever number version of this zartan is NOT going to be the bonus fss 8 figure! And it's really sad you are putting down everyone that shares this opinion. Minority or not.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Glad for all the ninja force fans, and more glad that Zartan is not the mystery figure. I’m not a ninja force person, it was a big reason I stopped collecting in the first place. I like the sonic fighters but I’m also glad those will be stand alone buys instead of FSS since they are repaints. Is Banzai highly requested also? That will be the first ME appearance of that one

Captain
    It's awesome that the figure is getting made with a Doom Cycle. I don't care how it was made and I didn't "put down" anyone, I merely correctly pointed out that you're wrong that this is a "version of Zartan," it's a completely different build with a different head similar to Rock n' Roll 2 or Tundra Stalker, both of which were ALSO highly requested updates of their original O-ring figures. No figure that had a second build like Zartan, Rock n' Roll or Stalker had been left out of having both ME versions, save dress blues Gung-Ho, before this and most think NF Zartan would be a pretty glaring oversight.

I realize you're going to continue to persist with this but I'd just say let it go, man, and move on. We NF Zartan fans got what we wanted and maybe you'll get something you want, too. Not everybody gets exactly what they want every time the Club releases something and just because you're happy we won't get NF Zartan as the 13th figure of FSS 8 but will, instead, get him with a vehicle is no reason to crap on what other people are happy about. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 06-26-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Personal Attacks have been reported and removed. This will be the ONLY reminder that "sarcastic comments" and "name calling" violates GIJCC Forum Policy.

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    #### ##### #### ##### ####### ##### #### ##
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 06-26-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Personal attacks are not acceptable!

Let's get back to talking about figures that might actually be the FSS 8 Mystery Figure. I think the obvious choice now is Banzai, and some comments during the club panel make is seem like the obvious choice is the correct choice. Even if he isn't your cup of tea, I think he would be the betting favorite, and I will be really happy if it is him. I can understand why some people don't like Ninja Force, whether they were older and weren't into Joes then, or they prefer more "realistic military" than shoeless/shirtless guys fighting terrorists with bows and arrows. I still played with Joes until 94 and read the comics until the end. I had most of the Ninja Force figures, including Banzai.

With all that said, who are some other "underdog" possibilities? From the official 90s Ninja Force, we still don't have Snake Eyes, Orange Slice, Red Ninja (Dice), or Night Creeper v2. I think the Dollar General figures kind of take care of Ninja Force Storm Shadow and T'Ginzu. I suppose the orange and black version of Night Creeper Leader is possible (not officially Ninja Force according to the original figures, but certainly connected). Firefly v2 (the green and grey one) was a Ninja Force opponent in the comics. We also have some ninja characters created later in the comics or 2000s figures.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Captain
    Firefly V2 would be a cool figure to have in ME format IF they got that shade of green right and it was fairly faithful to the original figure. The problem the "ninja" Firefly releases have had to date is they were either a darker shade of blue instead of green or just a variation on V1.
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 06-27-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Its fun to ponder this but i just can't see a world where its not Banzai. Snake Eyes is the only other possibility is consider just because of the poetry of the last Joe figure being him. Banzai would be odd as a last figure.

But the final 12 also indicates practicality over poetry, so ill stick with Banzai.

It’s Banzai. No doubt, and that basically completes traditional NF making dollar general considerations etc. I wish it was Slash to compliment Slice & Dice, but it’s Banzai, all day every day, until the club ends.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Yeah, I think (and hope) it's Banzai too. If it isn't him I'll be more surprised than the time we didn't get TF Jinx. I was just trying to get the thread back on track after all the hoopla.

So what does everyone think about the build for Banzai? There's been a couple of shirtless Storm Shadow figure that could make a great base. Maybe the new Spirit head with pony tail and the Hard master mask? I'm not too worried about the exact part selection as long as they get his pink splatter pants painted right. I think the NCL webgear would be really cool. Not 100% vintage accurate, but it is a cool, seldom used piece that at least has weapons stored on the chest like the original Banzai. And please make sure you include a back pack that can hold the sword. I love sword-holding-backpacks. (It's my only real complaint about Dojo.)
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)