Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Tenth Figure Preview

Private First Class
    I think this is a very good update. I like the camo a lot.

Private First Class
    seriously , that helmet needs to be changed , even desert fox's peak cap would look better than that , it totally throws the look of the figure , which is a shame as the rest of the figure and accessories all look great.

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    This version of Recoil is a great modern update in my opinion. He looks like what an lrrp troop would look like today.

Corporal
    Nice job, Club. Would have preferred the vintage-styled cap, but dig the digital camo and POC-like modern update.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I like how he turned out! I like the helmet & I’m glad the weapons aren’t blue! You’ve done very well Club!!!

Very nice glad guns arnt blue

Private First Class efvogler3rd@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Looks great. As expected. I totally assumed this was the helmet we were getting since the Lifeline head was to be expected as well. Plus the original helmet wss so dumb anyway. Love the camo too.

Private First Class
    I like it. The helmet looks better than what ever the original hat was . . . I'm still trying to figure out what that is (29 years later)! I agree on the "tactical" weapon, it was unnecessary at best.

Okay, I waited a day to think about it. Recoil has been #1 or 2 on my FSS wishlist for years now, you can go back and check posts on this forum. I'm not sure what it is because he wasn't in the cartoon and only had a few minor comic appearances, but I've always thought Recoil was really cool. I loved the way the figure looked and his description in the original file card, so he's been one of my favorite 'obscure' characters for awhile. I've probably been looking forward to this reveal more than most of us on this site.
    My initial reaction was a little bit disappointed. Not by the parts choices or the accessories, as I think those are pretty much perfect. I'm not even bothered by the different helmet (and if anyone is, thats an easy fix since it's removable and you can buy a cast replica of his original hat). It was the camouflage. After seeing other figures like Bulletproof (and now Bushido today) stick so close to the original coloring, I wondered why make this change to Recoil? Why not let him have his old school, Tetris-block camouflage too?
    All the other comments seem pretty positive, and it's growing on me the more I look at it. Today I think what actually bothers me more than the camo style is the colors. He seems too green. The original had a base uniform of mostly tan with just the hat, harness, and camo-blocks in dark green. This Recoil's uniform almost looks like it's mostly green with a few tan spots instead of the other way around. Especially on his torso, and around his knees and wrists.
    I know this is just a mock up and maybe it will look a little different when it's produced, but I think it would better if the colors were adjusted a little. Keep the modern digi-camo style, but maybe just a little more tan/less green. If not, I'm still planning keeping him. I do like this figure even if it's not perfect.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Excellent update. I love the addition of a digital camo uniform.