Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Ninth Figure Preview

Private First Class huntersabin@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Love him/it! Solid efforts Club, thanks and YO JOE!

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Looks pretty good, nice work.

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Good looking figure. Like the cyborg concept over an android. I like it.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Sick club, absolutely sick; I love it!!! (This is a compliment) Someone on another blog mentioned that the skin tone on the human head would look better, if it had a more sickly pale skin tone. A skin tone like the headsculpts from Renegades Cobra Commander or Rise of Cobra Rex Lewis might look better!

Banned
    This is really amazing. The last two reveals have been all killer, no filler. Well done, club! LOVE the green color.

IF there was one change that could be made to this - and I think it's perfect, I do not advocate ANY changes - I'd say it would be to make the assault weapon a plug and play replacement for the left hand like in other B.A.T.S. rather than the skin tone. But, yeah, small quibble. To me, it's perfect.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, cause I was one of you at first. But there's a very important part of the description we're over looking.

"human" face mask

That's not an alternate head. That's just one of the face masks from 25th/50th Zartan. I think it's a fun idea. I will of course have to dig out my Zartan and Bludgeon to see how that looks in hand. But it's a cool back story for the figure. Adds another layer to the character.

Banned
    I don't think this honestly matters whether it's a head or a mask. At least the back of Overkill's head was metal in all previous versions, too. This is another one where it's up to the imagination of the user if that's his real face or a mask. If you want it to be a false mask? False mask. If you think he retained his human face, Robocop-style, while the rest was a full-body prosthetic? Go for it.
    Last edited by j_yoders@hotmail.com; 04-26-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    After giving the parts a closer look i'm concerned that the web gear, neckerchief, head, helmet might have problems fitting together properly especially with the web gear sitting on top of those shoulder pads ( I wonder if the Cyber-Viper web gear, which looks uncannily like Overkill's chest, would have fit better). Also noticed the torso/arms/legs build was the build I was originally going to use for my custom Overkill but the legs and arms weren't proportionate to the torso. Also the legs didn't quite fit properly, hopefully that has been addressed.

I did overlook the "mask", whoops. Good thing for me, I plan to just have him with the "Bludgeon" head and maybe the neckerchief.

Banned
    The web gear originally came with two-pack Storm Shadow, not Cyber-Viper.