Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Seventh Figure Preview

I actually really like this one, despite the obvious differences from the vintage figure. It still is obviously Blizzard and looks like a cool figure in his own right. I think all the little painted details on the coat really help it look like a premium figure. I didn't keep Big Bear from FSS 2, so this is like an all new figure to me, well except for the head. It is kind of a shame he has to share a head with Scoop and SP Airborne, but honestly I don't know what other available helmet to use. If there was a perfect option already used on a modern figure, I probably would have used it to make a custom Blizzard by now.

I just realized something else. We got Rock n Roll v2 this year, Jet Pack Hawk is in FSS 7, now we have Capt. Grid Iron and Blizzard in FSS 8, there are plenty of Duke and Snake Eyes figures... we have the whole team from the G.I. Joe Nintendo game now!
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Alright!!!! It's Scoop in arctic gear!!! What I've always wanted!!!! Anyways..... Head needs to be changed ...
    It's a little odd that you are complaining about a recognizable head/helmet being reused for a different figure...
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class
    This is a very nice modern update to the ARAH figure. Very well done Club!!! Nice Job!!!

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    It's a little odd that you are complaining about a recognizable head/helmet being reused for a different figure...
    I'm not complaining. Not even a little bit. I was having fun and giving my opinion. I'm not pulling out of this FSS!! Besides, this is an easy fix for me. All I gotta do is a head swap. I'm not one to try and threaten the club with a boycott for not changing 1 or 2 little things and saying things like "I'm not buying unless you change this and that". I'm in to support the club!!!!!! And I get more GI Joes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lindy101_98@yahoo.com; 04-24-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    I hadn't thought about the Nintendo game! I didn't plan on getting Capt. Grid Iron but now I might just for completion sake. I never liked the way the original Blizzard's head piece was so big and awkward. I actually prefer the molded head here.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I had to look up Coldfront, but yeah, that head is almost spot on for that figure. Still though, I don't see a better head they could have used for Blizzard.

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Looks great to me-I really am enjoying the updated version of Blizzard!

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    The forecast is calling for a Blizzard & that is awesome news. Bring on the rest of the reveals.