Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Con Attendee Exclusives

2018 Con Attendee Exclusives

What do you think the 2018 Con Attendee exclusive figures will be? What do you want them to be? More Marauders? More DEF or Red Shadows now that we got a taste of both in FSS 8.0? Something else? Sound off. I know the extras are usually more characters from the Con theme, but I honestly hope it’s more DEF and Red Shadows based figures.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I doubt it will be DEF but More Marauders of Red Shadows would be nice. There are a few Python PAtrol type figures still awaiting this treatment. Consider this Abernathy-Was-Right Bulletproof was listed as the BAttle Corps Commander not DEF Commander. Plus I heard somewhere that Hasbro wouldn't Green Light DEF

Banned
    Just hoping to somehow get more of the Dreadnok air and ground assault vehicles before the year is over.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    V2 of Bulletproof was a repaint that was part of Battle Corps. The DEF can probably won't be opened. I'm thinking Python figures that haven't been made and a couple adds to Marauders like Hardball was. Maybe a cobra add on to PP.
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I second the Dreadnok vehicles.

Corporal
    I see a Barbecue and Low Light to complete the Marauders. The Python Patrol Rock Viper 3pk, the Python Patrol Saw Viper 3pk. With the parachute drop figure being either the Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender or another new member of the Marauders like Ripcord or Airborne etc.

Yeah, I can see more PP treatments because it’s very easy to simply do a repaint. I could also see Low-Light and Barbecue but I hope not. We already got them in the BBTS Marauder Box Set. We don’t need them again. I’m hoping for something more though. The Club has done some pretty amazing attendee exclusives in years past, like Darklon and Sgt. Duncan Major, or Annihilators. So here’s hoping for big time surprises like that.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Banned
    I see a Barbecue and Low Light to complete the Marauders. The Python Patrol Rock Viper 3pk, the Python Patrol Saw Viper 3pk. With the parachute drop figure being either the Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender or another new member of the Marauders like Ripcord or Airborne etc.
    I certainly hope not. We already got a decent Marauders BBQ and Lowlight repaint in the BBTS set. Just really hoping the Club takes an "every slot to fill a slot" mentality and doesn't slavishly hold to the Marauders vs. Python Patrol set as they've done at all previous cons and give us some things outside the set that were highly requested to fill out the original ARAH run.

Anyone attending who can help out someone I.e. me from the UK who won’t be going to the con to get hold of the exclusives? I can’t afford to be stung this year via eBay so looking for some help with a fair price. Grateful to any who follow up

I'm pretty sure I read a comment from the Club there will be no vehicles this year. That said, I think we can expect more figure packs. Since this is the last show and they don't have years to sell off extra inventory in their store, it makes sense to go with what has been selling out consistently the last few years.

Three packs of PP Saw Vipers and PP Rock Viper both make sense. Maybe Python Patrol BATS. The Club really loves making BATS.

We may see a two pack or paradrop figure of new Joes added to the Marauders team, a la Hardball. If they step outside the convention theme of PP vs SM, there really are a ton of possibilities. I can probably name a dozen vintage figures that haven't been remade in the modern era that they could do without needing any new molds. It could be a chance to sneak some more figures out there in 2 and 3 packs that otherwise would never get made.

Maybe, just maybe, (but probably not really) the freebie for attendees who bought the box set is Sgt. Slaughter in Marauders colors. They are not allowed to use his likeness to sell figures, but if it is technically free maybe they can get around that. The guys that made the custom o-ring Sightline figures last year said they could only give the figures away they couldn't sell any because Hasbro owned the copyright for that character.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)