Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Sixth Figure Preview

Private First Class
    not bad club , but echoing the sentiments of others and my own personal feelings , this figure needs 2 very easy and straightforward changes to make it really work .1. please change the helmet for the standard 25th/tan grunt helmet 2. please change the legs or at least the upper legs to those used on the dollar general duke /25th zap figure , it would make this figure not only best represent the original but also greatly improve the overall figure and make a lot , or most of the subscribers happy with this figure. thank you .

Very nice, but the helmet should be swapped out.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    So far I love 4 of the 1st 5 reveals and think this one looks great

Don't like the copper color of his guns. Don't like his helmet. Why not just repaint v3 Double Clutch??? The original 1984 was just a repaint of v1.5. So why change it?

Captain
    The guns won't be that metallic when the figure comes out. The photoshop mockups make everything look more metallic.

Hey WindsorVT, because the second picture apparently violates forum rules, can you tell us what versions of Grunt you're referring to? Then we can all go to our archive of choice to see what you're suggesting.

I'm really curious to see what you're suggesting.

Thanks man!

They were just the 25th Clutch and POC Clutch w/ 4 seat Vamp Green/Tanish tint figure.

This wasn't one I was particularly looking forward to, but it seems to be a pretty good recreation. It kind of mixes old and new parts, using the 25th Clutch vest and torso (which I think had to be used), but giving him more updated arms and legs. The arms especially are a big improvement over the 25th version. I don't really like the Bazooka helmet on him, would have preferred the DG Duke helmet, but that's a minor thing. Probably not exactly what everyone wanted, but a decent compromise.

I am curious to see what his card art will look like. Has there every been a carded Clutch figure before (not a vehicle driver)?
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

I am curious to see what his card art will look like. Has there every been a carded Clutch figure before (not a vehicle driver)?
    I just answered my own question: yes there has been a single carded Clutch figure. But hopefully they don't reuse this card art. http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/clutch3.shtml
    Why didn't this guy have a beard?
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Captain
    Here's his filecard from the back of the Vamp. http://www.yojoe.com/action/82/clutch.shtml