Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Fifth Figure Preview

GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Fifth Figure Preview

Order Now... from the 2018 Figure Subscription Service 8.0 website!

Our GIJCC Figure Subscription Service 8.0 is an optional separate purchase if you are an active member of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club. You can subscribe now through the May 2nd, 2018 deadline!

We are very excited to offer the eighth and final limited edition GIJCC FSS (Figure Subscription Service). This assortment contains a variety of club member requested characters from all eras of the 3 3/4-inch G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series. It includes classic 80's, 90's, 2000's, international, and many never previously released characters to add to your modern era action figure collection. Upon successful completion, you will also receive a BONUS mystery 13th carded action figure with the last shipment.

Each single carded action figure features the highly articulated modern era sculpts with weapons and accessories for them to accomplish any mission!

COBRA SHOCK TROOPS COMMANDER
    Code Name: LT. CLAY MOORE
    (Inspired by the Sunbow cartoon & 2007 GIJCC design.)
    Includes: removable helmet, grenade bandolier, pistol, knife,
    assault rifle, bazooka, backpack with shells x 4, and figure stand.

NOTE: These modern era club exclusive action figures will not be exact replicas of their vintage counterparts. All images are Photoshop mock-up representations, final product, accessories and/or colors will vary!

Ugh!! What am I seeing here!? And thoes legs again!! Shoulda just been a 50th Anniversary Cobra Trooper body with that head and called it a day.

Corporal
    While I can agree to a point, I would still use the arms that the club is using with the torso and legs from the 50th cobra trooper would make him looke closer to the original, this works for me. If Fun Pub makes those changes or not I good either way. It still looks close enough to the original as is.

I'm sure he will be better in hand. For now I'm on the fence about this guy. He looks too skinny.

Does anyone else see the skinny legs/big head thing going on here? This needs to be scrapped.

Private First Class
    Does anyone else see the skinny legs/big head thing going on here? This needs to be scrapped.
    The head will be huge. It's tombstone from the 50th.

I was expecting more Sunbow and less 2007 Convention. Not awful, not great either for a figure that was neither wanted or unwanted I guess it is okay. However, this is the one where the simplest build (head on Cobra Trooper body with the white 25th harness would have worked best) For those looking for change, choose your battle- would you rather have "Missile Commander Blowtorch" aka as Fast Draw in FSS 8.0 changed, or changes made to the figure nobody really was seeking out in the first place? ... Honestly, the reaction to any type of mock up, or alternative bid indicates that it is too late and there will be no changes anyways.
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 04-19-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: corrected edit by others that made post incoherent

Private First Class
    I know I am in the minority here but I dont have a problem with the Lt. I dont want exact copies of the originals, he will go well with our Shock troops.

As feared, all i see is Tombstone, who i already use as claymore anyway. This one is a bummer.

Private First Class
    The first thing I saw were the legs.... those alley viper legs. Those legs could be used on female figures they are so small. This is not good