Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Second Figure Preview!

Banned autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I think Maverick’s helmet would have been better IMO

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Using the Steel Brigade helmet is going to make Fast Draw look like a member of the Steel Brigade. That helmet is so stylized that you can't see it as anything else.
    Sure, I agree, but the other argument is that other people only see missle launcher blowtorch. And blowtorch has been overly saturated for most fans and any parts reused is too many to them. The only way to make most fans agree is to retool the original FD backpack (I can't stand this one but it is what it is)and helmet, and that isn't gonna happen, and that still wouldn't stop the complaints, too many people have their own vision for Fast Draw. And I honestly don't see the club budging on this one. It's not like it's a simple paint change people are asking for here. I think he looks like a walking tank which suits me fine, but if a simple helmet/head change cools some jets, then I'm fine with it.

By the way, if that hose on the original isn't an air hose, then what the heck is it? Sure looks like an air hose to me. Makes sense, no? All the rocket exhaust.

Banned
    I don't mind the chest and torso as much as some others do but the head WITH the chest is just too much Blowtorch. Change the head to any other helmet and it'll be just fine.

Most of this figure looks really good, but the Blowtorch parts just ruins an otherwise great build. I'd love to see the helmet swapped out for a red Steel Brigade or Steel Brigade Delta helmet with silver visor. Another torso and some webgear would be very nice as well, but please, please consider at least changing the helmet.

Private First Class
    I am in agreement on a change of helmets. The SBD helmet speaks to me as a good choice. The Blowtorch helmet and face mask just doesn’t scream Fast Draw to me. Of course it’s whatever the Club can come up with, but I for sure think a change needs to be made. Remember, they are made to order so they can possibly get it changed pretty quick if they take heed of the community’s concerns.

Corporal
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon just change the helmet (head if need be to fit the helmet) and I'm good . It's changed just enough to look more like Fastdraw and less like Blowtorch and that's what I think everyone is asking for.

That chest piece with the SB helmet actually looks good together, and actually fits the BT torso better using the 25th hawk head, just tried it. Would like to see a photoshopped color picture with that vest and helmet on the club build to see if it aesthetically works.

Recolored Ian's photoshop with paint so please excuse the bad artistic rendition...
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 04-13-2018 at 07:52 AM. Reason: 2nd Image Violation Warning!

Both Steel Brigade Delta and Sub Viper would make fantastic updates to Fast Draw in terms of using available tooling. This is one figure that would have REALLY benefited from a newly tooled helmet and could have been an INCREDIBLE figure.
    Last edited by gpgreenoe@gmail.com; 04-13-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Banned
    Yeah, with the schedule I don't think we can expect any changes to the chest or anything beyond the helmet. Even if we just get a separate helmet pack that would do. You're right about the upgrade packages.

In general I have no major issues with this figure, but I think a different helmet should be utilized. Otherwise he looks like an Extreme (pun intended) version of Blowtorch.