Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Second Figure Preview!

Sorry guys, but I say leave it alone. I was always a huge Fast Draw fan. The original cardback art with the missile system and two missiles strapped to his back. That was AWESOME!!! I'll say it one more time as I did earlier. The more I look at it, the more I like it!!

Private First Class
    The SB helmet really gives it more of a poc feel. Just paint the visor silver and paint the cod piece to match the armor, bang, poc fast draw.
    I totally agree!!! The SB helmet is wide like the vintage FD helmet, and it doesn't look like an SB helmet in that color. This would be a welcome change that hopefully would be able to be done.

The problem with the Steel Brigade helmet is its not removable. Let's at least look at the face and head under the helmet before we replace them with a red SB. Also, show the revolver.
    The SB helmet is removable. Remember, it was one of the accessories of the ROC Pit trooper.

Well, I kind of like this one, but not as much as I was hoping for. I will admit Fast Draw is a pretty tough build with existing parts and no new pieces. I don't think anything they could do would ever be perfect, but when I look at it, I just see Blowtorch with a missile backpack. That facemask and chest protector are just too recognizable.

The Steel Brigade helmet with a silver visor would be an improvement I think. It wouldn't have the breathing hose, but was that tiny hose connecting to the mask really one of the most significant parts of the vintage figure? I think I would give that up to make him not look like Blowtorch.

I was also hoping for a different torso. There are a number of torsos with an armor piece built in (such as the POC Duke figure that rocket launcher is from) that would allow for a webgear/harness to be used over the armor like the original.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I honestly like this build. It's got an updated look with a classic feel to the character. The blowtorch helmet and chest piece work even though they're so iconic to blowtorch but the SB helmet would make him less identifiable to blowtorch.

Unless you went with the Heavy Duty armored torso, any other torso would look too scrawny with the arms and legs chosen, so web gear would be too tight. Personally I don't miss the web gear and I love the bulkiness to him, finally a figure to take on the armored IGs.

He must must must have the POC firefly vtol driver helmet. This blowtorch one simply wont work.

Banned
    If it's removable then, yeah, there's no reason not to use it. I thought that figure had a molded helmet head. My bad.

POC Skydive helmet is really good and futuristic looking too.

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    IF Blowtorch were to be used, I would have preferred the bottom half as opposed to the top half. I absolutely hate the Blowtorch helmet and mask as they do not hold together very well. Whatever the rest of you feel is better for the head, I'm on board.

Well, I kind of like this one, but not as much as I was hoping for. I will admit Fast Draw is a pretty tough build with existing parts and no new pieces. I don't think anything they could do would ever be perfect, but when I look at it, I just see Blowtorch with a missile backpack. That facemask and chest protector are just too recognizable.

The Steel Brigade helmet with a silver visor would be an improvement I think. It wouldn't have the breathing hose, but was that tiny hose connecting to the mask really one of the most significant parts of the vintage figure? I think I would give that up to make him not look like Blowtorch.

I was also hoping for a different torso. There are a number of torsos with an armor piece built in (such as the POC Duke figure that rocket launcher is from) that would allow for a webgear/harness to be used over the armor like the original.
    I couldn't agree more. Seems any easy winner would be the Duke POC torso and waist and the Steel Brigade helmet. Again, I'd be fine with Blowtorch legs or what is shown. This build could be better. Please club, make this figure different than a Blowtorch remake.

Private First Class magick1313@gmail.com's Avatar
    I think due to the amount of Blowtorch we got from Hasbro, that this figure has too many of his parts.

I would have preferred a little better build for a premium figure.

Like using a ROC Reactive armor body or Accelerator suit. The accelerator suit helmet would even work as a newer version of a liftable visor.

I’m a BIG fan of Fast Draw. He was (and still is) one of my favorite figure designs. When I read he was going to be in FSS8 I cringed at the possibility that the easiest yet least effective helmet to use would be Blowtorch. I hoped that a new helmet would be tooled as Fast Draw’s is pretty iconic. As it turns out the new tooling sadly went to Gridiron and Recoil. The bulk of the figure, save torso and head, are actually really well done and thought out for a modern Fast Draw. However the use of the Blowtorch helmet and torso end up making him look like just another Blowtorch. If there is any way possibly to either retool the original helmet (a VERY long shot) or use an alternate I would be psyched. Steel Brigade Delta, Steel Brigade, or the Sub Viper helmet would all be great choices. Please consider a change!