Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 Second Figure Preview!

One other suggestion would be to use the Retaliation Roadblock

Private First Class huntersabin@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Love the line up, Club! However, Fast Draw is such an iconic character. Please try and change out the helmet at least? Otherwise, thanks for everything over the years!

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    I decided to see if the parts changes a lot of you suggested were possible and here's what I found.
    - The web gear change to cobra officer web gear or Retaliation cobra trooper will not work on this torso. They will not work on the accelerator suit torso or the heavy duty reactive torso either.
    - The helmet change is dependant of the head used. If it's BT's head under the helmet, then the SB and SB delta helmets will not fit.
    - The reactive armor torsos, other than HD, does accommodate the above mentioned web gear, but the arms used will not fit the torso.

So basically, even the helmet change would require a different head, and all other suggestions would have to be a complete back to the drawing board rebuild.

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I see no problem with the build as is.

I'm not seeing or understanding the love for a different helmet. Wild Weasel is to boxed looking and steel brigade looks like a voice changer. Personally (again) NO CHANGES NEEDED!!
    We all have different opinions and I'm glad you like it, but how do you not understand why other people don't like it? It's not like everyone just says "it stinks, change it". There have literally been over a dozen posts telling you why we want a different helmet. We don't want it to look like Blowtorch! I know not everyone agrees and that's fine, but if you read the comments you can understand where other people are coming from.

It's probably too late to make major changes anyway, and fans are batting like 2 for 50 on getting the club to change parts after the reveals, so it's gonna stay the same. We might as well speed up the reveal process and give people something else to talk about.

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    To those of you who prefer the Steel Brigade helmet over the Blowtorch helmet, have you considered the Steel Brigade Delta helmet instead? Personally, I prefer the Delta helmet.
    I was unaware of the Delta helmet. I like it! I've been identifying the Blowtorch face mask and helmet with him since '84. I actually purchased Fast Draw over Croc Master in '87 (not sure why today) as they were both kind of tough to obtain. To me Fast Draw and Payload are the last Joe figures from 1987 that were necessary and I'm thrilled that we are getting them thanks to the club. I just think Fast Draw should look more like his own character.

Private First Class
    I also think the removable Steel Brigade helmet in red with the painted silver visor would give it a more FD look and less BT. Otherwise I like the rest of the figure, the colors look great, the body and legs look good too. Hope the Club can accommodate the helmet change. Regardless, super excited about this FSS.

Corporal
    I decided to see if the parts changes a lot of you suggested were possible and here's what I found.
    - The web gear change to cobra officer web gear or Retaliation cobra trooper will not work on this torso. They will not work on the accelerator suit torso or the heavy duty reactive torso either.
    - The helmet change is dependant of the head used. If it's BT's head under the helmet, then the SB and SB delta helmets will not fit.
    - The reactive armor torsos, other than HD, does accommodate the above mentioned web gear, but the arms used will not fit the torso.

So basically, even the helmet change would require a different head, and all other suggestions would have to be a complete back to the drawing board rebuild.
    I know it's not ideal but you could use the 50th Gen Hawk with the steel brigade helmet. Not sure if it will work with the Blowtorch or any of the other suggested torsos, but it will work withthe helmet

Corporal
    Too much blowtorch. Please change helmet to steel brigade and chest to something with a blue harness and maybe a bit of gray paint
    I'd prefer this, yes.

Honestly, Fast Draw is not horrible. The color scheme looks great. We are not in the same situation as with Salvo given that The Club very likely does not have time for a design change. Here is a suggestion:
    What about having 2 additional helmets produced in the same color red (Steel Brigade & Resolute Duke Helmets) - make those 2 helmets available as an add-on in the Club Store ($10-15 would be acceptable)
    The additional heads are easy to come by.