Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: FSS 8.0 General Discussion

Two comments:
    1. Why is a Hasbro designer working on the club figure when the company is pulling the plug from Fun Pub?
    2. While not a huge fan of Ninja Force, Eco Warriors, etc. I do appreciate the updates to the latter day Joes. Remember not every ARAH fan grew up with the 1982-86/87/88 characters. "My" GI Joe is 1989 to 1994 (for good or ill). I saw the original cartoons, but these were not the toys I owned (I did have a few of the originals). I always cringe at the animosity directed at those of us who "like" the '89-'94 Joes because I don't see that among 1960's Joe and 1970's AT fans.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    The club has always had to get approval from Hasbro, before any product can be released. Hasbro owns the tooling & allows the club to use it. The relationship between the club & Hasbro has always been a symbiotic one, plus, Hasbro people have access to the entire library of parts, both released & unreleased; which even the most diehard fan might not have.

I was in there from 1982 to 1988, what really turned me off of Joe was Tigerforce & Python Patrol. While I don’t mind them now, I didn’t like the idea of spending my allowance to buy a repainted figure that I already had back then. Night Force & sonic fighters were more of the same. I got back in from 1992 to 1994, because of the new characters & subteams. Battle Corps, DEF, Star Brigade & Ninja Force weren’t repaints of old characters (for the most part) they were all new characters or all new looks; i’m Glad the club has catered to this area of Joe, as well as the early/mid 80’s.

Corporal
    Ninja Commandos had their own logo, but being unreleased that could have been changed and released as another wave of Ninja Force. The logo looks identical with the red star and the font.
    Ok good point but if you want to go that route what about the Ninja Battles figures by this logic they also could be added in. That mean we can add Slash, Tiger Claw, Shadow Strike, Black Dragon, Kamakura, unreleased Soft Master and Iron master. Oh and Jinx v3 not to mention Slice v5 or Kamakura v2,v3,and v4. Theese add another 15 figures that potentially could be added still making the unmade ninja list more than 13, so the question is where do we say enough is enough and theese characters are the only ones that are included and theese aren't. I mean since I posed the question of what characters are we including and which ones are we leaving out we have easily added another 2 dozen plus characters and no closer to the answer.

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I couldn't do it. I've bought every set and usually I buy two but this time around I couldn't do it. There wasn't any "must have" figures for me.

See, for me it was the other way around. I signed up and bought when I saw the line up! I got in on fss 6, just missed 7, and loving 8. Before 6, there was never enough to buy in. I always went secondary market to get the figures I wanted.

Boy you guys are really torturing yourselves over this ninja thing aren’t you? The logical choice is Banzai. They probably made that video with the Hasbro executive just to keep everyone talking about it, instead of moving on. But what if they didn’t go with the logical choice? Well then it’s obviously just a repaint of Snake Eyes (25th Anniversary Version 1) with an all-new figure stand that reads, “codename: Sean Collins.” What too soon?
    Last edited by ATBotts78@gmail.com; 05-07-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Hahahhahahahaha, Kamukura /Throwdown = new Snake Eyes

Throwdown will never count as Snake Eyes in my personal opinion. I'd like to toss a few names in here of who I think it could be if not Banzai or Zartan. How about Pale Peony, Dawn Moreno, Tiger Claw, Shadow Strike or even Black Dragon? The concept case also had some great looking ninjas, but I can't recall names.

Speculation is fun, isn't it?

While you have an interesting idea and yes they were ninjas. They were not directly tied to the Ninja Force team. Since they said Ninja Force I was going off of what is tied directly to that team. I disregard the Shadow Ninjas simply because they were repaints and gimmicky. The only reason I tossed Ninja Commandos out there is that being unproduced we don't know if Ninja Commandos would have stuck or if it would have been changed to Ninja Force.

Storm Shadow - x
    Dojo - x
    Nunchuk - x
    T'Jabang - x
    Slice - x
    Dice - x

Snake Eyes
    Scarlett - x
    Bushido - x
    Banzai
    T'Gin'Zu
    Zartan
    Night Creeper
    Red Ninja
    Slice (Orange) - Disregard (Repaint)

Flint
    Budo
    Storm Shadow
    Road Pig
    Knockout

Of course this list shows that 11 are remaining. I feel it would be out there to get a Ninja Commando, so my bets are on Banzai, Zartan or Night Creeper.

Corporal
    And if you want you can add T'Gin Zu to the already made list as the repaint of the Ninja Force Storm Shadow was made to look like the original which was a repaint of the original Ninja Force Storm Shadow