Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FSS 8.0 General Discussion

I'm worried about blizzard, too. Not only does it appear he'll use a helmet integral head (which i always reject, but especially when the vintage counterpart had a removable helmet) but the removable coat part suggests a bulky build. He should definitely be more sleek, using the Renegades Airtight or Iceberg body. I really don't want another version of Sub Zero

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    See, for me, I'm thinking the mystery figure will be Gung-Ho Dress Blues. Too highly of a requested figure and easy to do!!

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Well, now that we know the lineup, we can speculate on the 2 remaining bonus figures (FSS 7&8)! We’re so close to finishing Ninja Force, & Bulletproof was a nice surprise, so i’m hoping for Banzai & Headman as the bonus figures.

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Well, now that we know the lineup, we can speculate on the 2 remaining bonus figures (FSS 7&8)! We’re so close to finishing Ninja Force, & Bulletproof was a nice surprise, so i’m hoping for Banzai & Headman as the bonus figures.
    I thought I read somewhere that Headman wasn't happening for anything?

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I don’t know about reading it somewhere, but I have heard speculation in a podcast that Dress Blues Gung Ho & Headman wouldn’t happen. Their logic was that a license fee would have to be paid to use the USMC image & likeness for this version of Gung Ho & that “times had changed”; there’s no way the club is touching D.E.F. or a drug dealer. Well, now we’re getting Bulletproof, so D.E.F. characters are not off the table! Their logic was sound, but speculation as well. They may be right, but I hope they’re wrong!

Both BulletProof and Red Laser are welcome surprises out of left field that really make me wonder what surprises Joe Con and the Club have left up their sleeve. It doesn’t make sense to start Red Shadows and DEF now, with no time left to complete the sub teams, unless they know something we don’t. I’m really intrigued now.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Way to go out with a bang! Didn't think I was going to sub for 8 but Clutch pulled me in. Hope my expectations don't ruin the outcome, please use the 25th vest at least. Also there are some real big fan wants here, can't wait to see how fast draw, payload, recoil, overkill, bushido and munitia turn out. I'm so excited for Clutch, finally, a carded tan version, the rest are just icing on the cake for me.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Tan Clutch!! Payload!! Fast Draw!! Overkill V2!! Munitia!! Recoil!! ARGH!! Can't. Say. No. *sigh* take my money.....I'm so happy.

See, for me, I'm thinking the mystery figure will be Gung-Ho Dress Blues. Too highly of a requested figure and easy to do!!
    How is Gung Ho v2 easy to do? I can't think of an existing torso that looks like a Marine dress jacket? This is one of those figures they are better off not doing if they can't get it just right. I think people would be very upset if they threw together a bad Marine uniform and called it "close enough."

I would still love to see Hasbro do a box set tribute to our military with one Joe from each branch in their dress uniforms. Maybe some day as a HasCon exclusive or from their new HasLab project.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

I'm a tan Clutch fan. Count me as one of the people excited that he was included. Also looking forward to Overkill.
    I meant no offense about Clutch, jyoders. I know a lot of people who had him as a kid and have been asking for him. To me it's probably gonna be a figure I already have in a different coat of paint, but he is still better than something like Ice Viper Officer or almost any international figure. I think it shows how good this lineup is overall when that is the only complaint most of us have with the choices.

I do think the club puts themselves in a little of a no win situation though. The simplest recipe would be to repaint the 25th figure, but then some people will complain that they used outdated 25th parts and weren't creative enough. If they update the recipe a little, others will say it isn't vintage accurate and doesn't fit with the rest of the original team modern figures. I'm not sure what they can do that would please everyone.

Can't comment about Red Laser and Red Shadows, but I'm really happy to get Bulletproof and think it makes sense, even if they are trying to stay away from the drugs aspect. They called him a "Battle Corps Commander" in the description, no mention of DEF. He was the only official DEF member that was a new character, the rest were all guys we have figures of already. I thought DEF made sense as a con set, but I would not want Shockwave, Mutt, and Cutter in the FSS. Also, I think they will reuse the Dodger head from BF2000, and it should work really well and not look that much like Dodger sense the skin tone will be different.

I think we all thought Headman was coming when we saw the Dojo head, but may not?
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)