Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FSS 8.0 General Discussion

Private First Class

FSS 8.0 General Discussion

I am signed up as well for FSS 8.0.

Corporal
    Also signed up. I love this lineup now let's see how many complainers will throw a fit.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    LOL skoorcard! No one should complain about FSS 8. This is a dream lineup and is awesome. I think only one character I really asked for was not in the list and I never imagined that scenario!
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.

Also signed up.I love this lineup now let's see how many complainers will throw a fit.
    There are already the people complaining that Grid Iron should be bulkier. All I have to say is Doug Flutie... Grid Iron was a QB, Flutie was a QB the build works perfectly for me...

To avoid going off topic in reveal specific threads, i figured it was worth having a general discussion thread for 8.0.

All matters relating to 8.0 should be considered on topic, provided they are consistent with forum rules.

Solid line up. Clutch is the only dud for me, but i know many want him. Some creative tooling could change my mind.

Happy for Bushido. Not having Banzai is gonna hurt, though. So close...

My concern is Clutch being a did of a figure, much the way that Grunt was for me. The rest of the line is strong with my only other big concern being what helmet/head will be used on Blizzard.

Private First Class
    looking forward to 8.0.

My concern is Clutch being a did of a figure, much the way that Grunt was for me. The rest of the line is strong with my only other big concern being what helmet/head will be used on Blizzard.
    Well Blizzard was kind of a red head so, my guess is a reuse of either the spearhead or muskrat Head sculpt
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Thanks for starting the general discussion thread, AxonRey. I was thinking we would need one of these but you beat me to it.

I was totally surprised and excited by the news today. I was just thinking they would need to show something before Joe Con if this was still happening. I'm loving the lineup overall.

Here's what I posted in the FSS 8.0 Wishlist thread months ago, without a whole lot of real hope after FSS 7.

We've done this so many times, and so many of the top wanted figures are still left undone, if the club doesn't know what we want by now then there is probably no point, but here we go again anyway. One last time...

(far and away my top 3 wants above everybody else)
    1. Recoil
    2. Blizzard
    3. Bulletproof

(next tier I want, but would get by fine making customs of them)
    4. Backblast
    5. Downtown
    6. Capt. Grid Iron
    7. Steamroller

(after that these guys or anyone else left from ARAH would be fine but I don't need them)
    8. Payload
    9. Wild Card
    10. Stretcher
    11. Major Altitude
    12. Countdown
    13. Windchill
    They actually got 5 of my 13 in there! And I love that we are getting Fast Draw and Bushido too. I would have included them, but I already have a Fast Draw custom (I will probably switch to the official one if it turns out well) and I didn't dare hope for any more Ninja Force after we got Dojo, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

I too, don't get the love for Tan Clutch. Hasbro probably should have released him with one of the Vamp sets by now, but at this point I'd rather have a different character. Clutch is the only one that already has a modern era figure. The rest are characters we haven't seen any figures for.

The description doesn't mention a helmet for Blizzard. They must be using a head with the helmet built in, but I'm not sure which one looks anything like Blizzard. They mention a removable arctic coat though. My guess is the one from FSS Big Bear. And I bet he has Snow Job's skis, poles, and backpack. I think I'll give him Iceberg's snowboard. Not that he ever had a snow board before, but it seems to fit his role as the newer, younger, arctic trooper.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Banned
    I'm a tan Clutch fan. Count me as one of the people excited that he was included. Also looking forward to Overkill.