Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 First Figure Preview!

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Good looking figure. Grid Iron not one of my favourites, but still happy the Club is making figures.

OMG you have no idea how happy this figure makes me! I honestly didn't think I would ever see a Captain Grid-Iron ever in modern format! He looks great! I do wish they added in his rocket launcher though but I will not complain about accessories. Any chance we can have a jersey number printed on his torso under the body armor? He looks like a number "11" to me.

Well, Grid Iron was a quarterback at West Point, so #11 would be appropriate for that position. I like the idea, but I doubt they will spend money for paint apps that would be hidden by his vest most of the time.

Also, I have seen some complaining (not on this site, but elsewhere) that he looks too small for a football player. I think he is fine for a quarterback. Army's starting quarterback this year was 5-11, 205 lbs. Not all athletes look like The Rock. This is still one of my favorite looking figures from this FSS.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Corporal
    When the Captain was first revealed I said that I liked it but something was off after dusting part of my collection I paid a little more attention to last years SDCC Roadblock harness/body armor, in the shoulder pads and collar it looks more football influenced. What does everyone else think? I think this is the change needed to take him from ok to hell yeah.

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    The armor is the one thing that bugs me about him.