Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 8.0 First Figure Preview!

Private First Class serpion3789@yahoo.com's Avatar
    The only thing I wish they would change about the line is I would rather the overkill be v.1 than v.2.

I'm liking this first reveal a lot. Grid Iron was high on my want list and this looks like a really good figure. I'm glad he is getting a new, removable helmet. He seems a little under armed though, with only a couple pistols and a football. It's easy enough to give him an assault rifle afterwards though, I have plenty of extra weapons.
    I wonder how he would look if one set of pads somewhere on his arms was colored yellow? A call back to the removable elbow pads the original figure had that clipped on his arms.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Off to a good start. The last line in the promo flyer concerns me though.
    The line about not being exact colors, look, etc has been on all the FSS since the Hit N Run, Spearhead, NCL Leader, Vypra year. ...

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    Well, they nailed the only three Joes I asked for in Payload, Blizzard and Fast Draw. I guess I'm out of luck on all the Cobra figures I desired. I still need to see the figures to be sold though.

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I like it, but there's something missing not sure what. It just feels a little off. Maybe it's the harness or the green camo at the bottom of the legs, or maybe it's just me.
    I said the same thing and after doing some research, I think it's the helmet. It doesn't fit with me either! Should be a clear visor, not the silver color and the top of the helmet should be more rounded. Also could use some of the yellowish camo-ed into the arms and helmet.
    Last edited by lindy101_98@yahoo.com; 04-08-2018 at 07:17 AM.

I said the same thing and after doing some research, I think it's the helmet. It doesn't fit with me either! Should be a clear visor, not the silver color and the top of the helmet should be more rounded.
    I don't think they could do the visor clear because they are making the helmet all one piece instead of 2 like the original. I'm not gonna complain though, because al least he is getting a new helmet (unlike Blizzard and Recoil, but I'll wait until those are revealed to say more).
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I think he looks great as an updated version. Always great to add a captain to the ranks as well! I'm actually surprised they did Grid Iron with the removable football helmet and everyrthing. Looks great and can't wait to get him and most of the rest

Wow! What a phenomenal lineup- going out with a bang.

It's unfortunate that the club didn't get another year or two as 1990 is almost complete.

Capt. Grid-Iron look fantastic. Receiving him will be a real nostalgia trip for me as I got the original for Christmas 1990. Can't wait to see the headsculpt.

Corporal
    I think this figure looks great--thumbs up, Club!

I actually like this figure over the original.