Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heartwrencher arriving

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    "The boiling water method is risky and can damage the figure. I always just use a hairdryer on hot to loosen things up."

Never had an issue with hot/boiling water, way more controlled heating, especially for larger parts like the overalls. Would never recommend using a hairdryer. The boiling water will heat the inside as well as the outside at the same time so it only takes a couple of seconds. The hairdryer heats from the outside in so you have a better chance of melting/warping the plastic by the time you get your plastic plyable enough to remove.

"The boiling water method is risky and can damage the figure. I always just use a hairdryer on hot to loosen things up."

Never had an issue with hot/boiling water, way more controlled heating, especially for larger parts like the overalls. Would never recommend using a hairdryer. The boiling water will heat the inside as well as the outside at the same time so it only takes a couple of seconds. The hairdryer heats from the outside in so you have a better chance of melting/warping the plastic by the time you get your plastic plyable enough to remove.
    I would have to agree on the hot water method as well.
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

How does the packaging look? Is it the silver 3D CG Collector's Club logo or the solid white vintage ARAH logo? I display my collection in-package and it's just as important to me as the overall figure/vehicle.

Corporal
    How does the packaging look? Is it the silver 3D CG Collector's Club logo or the solid white vintage ARAH logo? I display my collection in-package and it's just as important to me as the overall figure/vehicle.
    It's bagged

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no packaging! These are shipped in a plastic bag, like convention exclusives, and put in a shipping box, stuffed with paper; or bubble wrap if you paid for it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no packaging! These are shipped in a plastic bag, like convention exclusives, and put in a shipping box, stuffed with paper; or bubble wrap if you paid for it.
    and it is a moot point unless you buy on the secondary market as they are sold out from the store.

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Got my box in today. I ordered 2, but only got one. I emailed but since it's sold out, I'm not holding my breath on getting my second one.

hopefully they shipped separately and the other one will arrive soon...

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    That would be a relief, but why would they pay for shipping twice?

Did you order both together? If not they treat it as two customers. If you did, I am hoping for you they held some back to replace out for defects or broken parts...