Thread: Toysrus closing

Toysrus closing

So with toys r us closing and all the big toy companies like hasbro mattel lego looking to lose 20 to 30 percent of sales from these locations closing which means less space for variety of toys at different outlets such as walmart target maybe there is a chance the club could be a sales avenue especial with hasbro trying to push movies. On a second note the club contract ends 12/31/2018. Does the club still have permission to sell its on creative product already produced or does it mean anything gijoe can't be sold after that day.

That question has been asked and answered by the club on an older thread. This website and anything revealed prior to the end of 2018 can remain operational until all the products have reached the members even if that carries into early 2019. But once all the paid for stuff has reached our mailboxes, then it shuts down, sadly forever.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Banned
    I do wonder what, if anything, the closing of TRU means for Hasbro's plans for a new line of Joe toys that will be released with the new movie means. The obvious thing to do with them is more stock at Wal-Mart and Target, the biggest box toy competitors of TRU, but it would be interesting to see if exclusives now go to Amazon or other online outlets that Hasbro has worked with before.

Also keep in mind Kay Bee is making a comeback, and Amazon is eyeing strategic location owned by TRU. Of course, what is old is new again, Amazon is basically SEARS on line... instead of snail mail order catalogs

Target and Walmart don't have the variety and selection that TRU did. And Amazon can never keep new toys in instock. Have you tried to buy new Star Wars figures from Amazon? Worse the HTS; they let people buy a 100 of one item.

Banned
    So where do you think the inventory that would have gone to TRU will go? I seriously want to know. Production runs have likely already started. It has to go somewhere.

It poses an interesting and honestly - kind of scary question. When Toys R Us no longer exists, where does Hasbro push their product besides on-line? And will they rely on fan-based websites to help them get the word out? Will it become strictly Kickstarter based? What does happen? You can’t overlook the possibility of a Fun Pub based or crowd sourced, Fun Pub operated website, can you?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    All of those except a fun pub type site are likely. Hopefully a revamped HTS site happens to handle the traffic.

Amazon exclusives will increase. It's gaining share of this market already. I would bet entertainment earth too. Walmart has been the top toy retailer for years even with their distribution problems. HTS actually has its own eBay page too that has been growing.
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.

I’m okay with all of that except the Walmart issue. Simply because I read a legit article that indicated that Walmart picks and chooses what toys they want to sell and they don’t take chances on things they don’t believe to be instant successes. The last few years, even before Joe was mostly retailed at TRU exclusively, Walmart chose next to nothing from the franchise. I don’t want Walmart to dictate to Hasbro what Joe products they will and won’t put on their shelves.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Many ppl are that way. Honestly I'd rather pay marked up prices than deal with Walmart for any figure product. I'm thinking we will see more Amazon, Target and GameStop exclusives than previous. A vendor like hasbro will go where margins are best and hopefully distribution will be best with it. With that in mind HTS might be a Hun for exclusives too.
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.