Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The future of collecting?

Private First Class
    I'd be inclined to back a project that has never before produced vehicles, like to Cobra SkyCrane, OG 6 and 8 wheeled vehicles, Marine LAV, or hovercraft vehicle transport.

Some of the more popular original vehicles re-scaled an modernized would be really cool too. An updated APC (where a figure actually operates the turret), or an up-scaled WHALE to fit modern figs (maybe swap the mini-bike or sled for a Zodiac or RIB).

A true-to-scale aircraft would hold the least appeal for me. While some GI Joe vehicles are ridiculously out of proportion (Water Moccasin), I can live with the planes and helicopters we received from the club or Hasbro over the years.

A Modular PIT display system/playse would be a cool crowd sourced item.

So this is funded, what does everyone think this means for the future of collecting? In particular lines like GI Joe that does not have the corporate resources behind it?

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Totally the Future of collecting. This removes a lot of risk from high price point items for the producing company and sinces it's sold directly is far higher margins for toy makers. It can also be a traffic driver for sites like HTS. It would work for almost any franchise for builds that collectors have been waiting for.
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.