Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The future of collecting?

Private First Class jk.fregia.77@gmail.com's Avatar
    That would be a really good retail product if some of the parts could be removed so it could serve as a heavy transport aircraft.
    Last edited by jk.fregia.77@gmail.com; 02-20-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Sergeant
    I encourage everyone to support Haslab. Even if this gigantic Jabba's Sail Barge doesn't get approved, I think we can all agree that the existence of the site is a good thing for the collector community.

The C-130 was flown with the Joes almost constantly in the classic Hama Marvel Comics. They could use pictures from the comic for promotional purposes.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders View Post
    Cobra Skycrane helicopter could be a smaller haslab project.
    YES!!!!!! . . . . but at $100, not $500

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    This totally will be at least part of the future of collecting. Crowdfunding projects, especially on a higher ticket item takes a lot of uncertainty away from the company making it and minimizes the risk of a costly or catastrophic done. A toy company as big as Hasbro or Mattel with so many properties can’t afford to fail on a high ticket item like this after the cost that go into tooling it and producing it (think Star Wars AT-ACT). It’s almost like a build to order method like FSS except it needs a minimum number of orders. .
    if I had a pet Python I would name it Laser Viper. If I had a pet viper.... I would have issues.

We would flood them with ideas every day, they’d be sick of us, but there’s be no doubts about what we’d be interested in. Why can’t one of us win the lottery?!?!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Why would they when there is no Joe product at retail. There is not a Joe department at Hasbro. Fun Pub has been Hasbro's remote Joe department for the past four years.

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks for the link to the HasLab site. Hasbro should be able to produce or re-produce anything from the original line or haul something out of the concept vault. I am already imagining larger scale vehicles like the WHALE, Sky Striker & Night Raven being recreated. The sky is the limit here. We just need to provide the ideas & allow the folks at HasLab to bring it to life.

Private First Class ERIKSEMAIL@VERIZON.NET's Avatar
    Hasbro has no current GI Joe line. There is no reason to hope for a HasLab for a product line that does not exist. We need to be real here.

Private First Class jk.fregia.77@gmail.com's Avatar
    I understand people wanting the WHALE, Flagg, and Night Raven to be remade, but why not do something that has not been made that everybody would love. In another post, I mentioned expanding the air power of each group, and I think it would cool if we could expand the navies on both sides, such as a destroyer or a battleship, yes the battleship would be big and expensive but it would be cool nonetheless. If Haslab decided to produce a GIJoe product, my suggestion for the first project would be to make the Missle Command Headquarters in something other than cardboard. That would be something everybody would want and it wouldn't require to much tooling like the current Star Wars project and hopefully be a little cheaper.
    Last edited by jk.fregia.77@gmail.com; 03-04-2018 at 11:36 AM.

I know I've blasted the HasLab concept, but I would love to see scale versions of the Skystriker, Dragonfly, Tomahawk, Rattler and Night Raven.