Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The future of collecting?

Why do they need to make molds when they can 3D print, toys? It seems to me 3D printing would be way cheaper then making molds. The up front cost might be high for the printers but it would be a good investment for the future.
    3d Printing is not at this level for mass production, or even large scale limited runs. think about 5000 units being made, with how many parts that need to be apart for shipping cost purposes?

So last night u backed the jabba thing. Not that I'm a huge star wars fan but if that succeeds we can push depriest and hasbro at the con to produce a gijoe pit. Flagg. Shuttle etc.

Private First Class
    I like the idea of getting a ME Flagg and TD. How about a Sea Serpent, which was a tentative Cobra version of the Flagg.

Sergeant
    Cobra Skycrane helicopter could be a smaller haslab project.

Quote Originally Posted by j_yoders
    Cobra Skycrane helicopter could be a smaller haslab project.
    Or the All Terrain vehicle from the first comic with the October Guard, or even an FSS like project. Say of figures either never produced but conceptualized, in the Media (Sunbow, MARVEL, IDW, DiC, etc.) or production year say Class of 1987 as an updated set with some figures for that year not produced but introduced in other ways. I chose 1987 because two characters in particular were introduced that never got o-ring figures back in the day Pythona and Big Lob.

Or the All Terrain vehicle from the first comic with the October Guard, or even an FSS like project. Say of figures either never produced but conceptualized, in the Media (Sunbow, MARVEL, IDW, DiC, etc.) or production year say Class of 1987 as an updated set with some figures for that year not produced but introduced in other ways. I chose 1987 because two characters in particular were introduced that never got o-ring figures back in the day Pythona and Big Lob.
    BIG LOB WAs the 2010 and 2017 Membership figures though. HIS 2010 Figure was o-ring I believe

I was using 87 as an example because Big Lob should have been made in 1987, as well as Pythona. I know the 2010 membership and 2017 Big Lob's exist, and I know that 2016 Pyhtona was made into a figure. It just was a good example year to show specific characters not introduced into the lineup as figures a particular year. could also do 1983 and arctic Kwinn & Dr. Venom, and yes I know there are figures of them also.

We all know this was created so that we can get a General remake. :-D

Private First Class jk.fregia.77@gmail.com's Avatar
    I am a big aviation fan, and I think this would be a good time to add a dedicated bomber to the Joe's air power. A B1, B2, B52, or XB 70 would be a pretty cool addition to the G.I.Joe line.
    I think a Night Raven and Sky Raven remake would be a good idea too because you could reuse the molds. Same with the Defiant and Crusader.
    Last edited by jk.fregia.77@gmail.com; 02-20-2018 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added Raven and Defiant comment.

i am a big aviation fan, and i think this would be a good time to add a dedicated bomber to the joe's air power. A b1, b2, b52, or xb 70 would be a pretty cool addition to the g.i.joe line.
    or a scale c-130 gunship ...