Thread: The New Hama ARAH Special Missions

Hybrid View

The New Hama ARAH Special Missions

So I just read the IDW Solicits for the upcoming GI Joe ARAH - Larry Hama 5 Part Story Arc, and I haven’t been this excited in a very long time about ARAH. Starting with issue #251, Hama will do five one-shot special mission stories featuring a different joe. The last time he did something like this was Joe Declassified, and he introduced us to Jodi Shooter Craig! Not to mention the cool stuff he did with Short-Fuze and some of the other less popular OG-13. This has the potential to give us very memorable, street level, authentic military stories featuring different Joes each month. This could be the best arc of story-telling in the post #155 1/2 issue era.

Are you guys ready for it?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

It sounds really cool. I just hope that IDW is not winding down the ARAH series before hitting #300.

Very true. I hope that isn’t the case. So even though I hate blue ninjas and brain wave scanners, when Hama writes street level military, he’s usually brilliant. The thought of him or IDW saying it’s done before 300 is not something I’ve spent much time considering, but now I have to face that it is a possibility. If Hama is given enough advance notice, I’m sure we’ll get a sad but honorable ending to something thats been around basically all but a few years of our lives, albeit with an intermission.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Personally I think Marvel should take back GI Joe with 2 series - GI JOE ARAH by Larry Hama and a new series Jason Aaron or somebody like that. IDW is too hit or miss with their books (only ARAH and TMNT are worth the $4). A few Joe Omnibus volumes would be great.

Sergeant
    Their Transformers stuff is actually really, really good but, yeah, I can't deal with how hit or miss the Joe series' are.