Thread: No Hascon, NO shared Universe

No Hascon, NO shared Universe

So with HasCon being every other year and the Shared cinematic Universe now being cancelled there is no Joe presence for 2019. With the reboot scheduled for 2020, how about we petition Hasbro for one more Joe Con in 2019! (goal being extended longer). After all all the plans that led to the end of the GI Joe license with Fun Pub have basically been scrapped.

Private First Class manolive@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Yup! Count me in!!

I must've missed where they said HasCon was not happening every year. Truth be told once they said they were mashing it all together and charging more for less I just rolled my eyes and tuned out lol.
    Last edited by manolive@hotmail.com; 01-24-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Banned
    I am for it, but it sounds like - even from FunPub - that plan is to end it with this joecon and this year. From everything I've heard, the movie from Paramount and the toys to accompany it are still moving ahead full steam. Plus, Paramount now has its own cable network so I can't imagine that - and the programming hours now available to the studio to re-show the first two Joe movies - will have anything but an accelerating effect.

Banned
    Does anyone really expect losing ROM and MASK movies to affect the GI Joe movie that's still on schedule for 2020?

Originally it was suppose to be part of it, but not now. The script is not written yet it is in preproduction and scheduled. Just realized the every other year Hascon falls in 2019 so we need a Joe Con for 2020 with the movie. Well actually all we(I) really need is the Set and exclusives...lol!

Banned
    If the movie is out by 2020 we should have actual retail product out possibly by 2019, depending on where the movie falls on Paramount's production schedule. We should have no shortage of products on store shelves but, sure! I wouldn't mind a set, exclusives and a 'con!

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    I’m not opposed to getting more product from Hasbro or Funpub, but FSS 8 product will probably still be arriving in 2019 & there may still be an SDCC exclusive as well.

Corporal
    I'm game for another year with the club. Another con or not Fun pub has shown they can get 2 fss series out in a year that alone would be 26 more figures, and I would be just fine with that.

Private First Class kaljzl0824@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Honestly, I wish Hasbro continued with Renegades. The show was good, the figures were very good.