Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Corporal
    I don't see why we would need another barbecue and another lowlight but that's just me. I'd be very happy if the club used the traditional con figure sets to give us more of the ARAH run and other highly-requested figures who aren't necessarily Python Patrol or Slaughter's Marauders.
    Well the way I see it is just like you want a completed ARAH run, I would love a completed sub team. Dreadnoks not complete, Tiger Force not complete, Night Force not complete, Oktober Guard not complete, etc. With only a total of 5 figures needed to complete both the Python Patrol and the Marauders why not complete theese while there's a chance? As add ons to the convention set with the exception of Slaughter both of theese groups could be completed.

Well the way I see it is just like you want a completed ARAH run, I would love a completed sub team. Dreadnoks not complete, Tiger Force not complete, Night Force not complete, Oktober Guard not complete, etc. With only a total of 5 figures needed to complete both the Python Patrol and the Marauders why not complete theese while there's a chance? As add ons to the convention set with the exception of Slaughter both of theese groups could be completed.
    Because some of us don't care about completing sub-groups. That's why. Before you get yours bunched up, I said some of us.

I don't see why we would need another barbecue and another lowlight but that's just me. I'd be very happy if the club used the traditional con figure sets to give us more of the ARAH run and other highly-requested figures who aren't necessarily Python Patrol or Slaughter's Marauders.
    I agree, but what you should have said is another Slaughter's Marauders Barbecue and Lowlight as they were included in the BBTS set, just in a little different and updated Deco pattern. I am also hoping with no vehicles that the Club does focus on filling out yrs 87, 88, 89 at the very least, and even some of the sub team repaints that can be done (which have not already been updated like BBQ and Lowlight) can be part of that (TF Tripwire, NF Sneak Peak) for those that need to finish off the original run of some sub teams.
    All posts made are not personal, do not read them that way or it will be on you, not me.

Corporal
    Because some of us don't care about completing sub-groups. That's why. Before you get yours bunched up, I said some of us.
    And some of us could care less about figures pre 90. And before you get yours bunched up, I also said some of us

Most would appreciate filling in pre 90's, but regardless, I would say most are just going to be happy getting more figures before no more are going to be made by the club!!!
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 05-18-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks are not acceptable!

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    If they do Low Light & Barbecue in OG Marauder colors, that’s fine by me. That’s one set I won’t have to buy. However, I am looking forward to Python Patrol SAW Vipers & Rock Vipers. I’m looking forward to an International Tiger Force version of Blizzard & Poluicao & I’m looking forward to sets that compliment the latest wave of FSS figures. I’d like to see a Red Jackal/Black Major/Baron Ironblood 3 pack, a DEF 2 pack of Cutter & Headman; using the headsculpt of Skymate & Dojo. Any other characters that are unrepresented in the modern era will be welcome as well.

Low Light and Barbecue are easy and cost-effective repaints (providing that the Club still has access to those molds).

I'm not sure it's possible to find two GI Joe fans that actually agree on everything. However, let's try to imagine that other people can have valid reasons for a differing opinion. I don't actually collect sub teams that are regular characters in special uniforms, (Tiger Force, Night Force, etc.). I like to only have 1 version of each character (so Sky Patrol, Ninja Force, etc. are okay.). But I can see the thinking on Marauders Barbecue and Low Light. Yes, there are already modern versions of them, but that was true of Spirit too. And if you put Barbecue and Low Light with the figures from this set, they will stick out for their different camo patterns and darker colors (which I actually thought were better, but still honoring the originals). Since they've already gone back to the vintage deco and done everybody else (minus the off-limits Sarge) I can see a Low Light/Barbecue 2 pack to complete the original team. If it happens and you don't like it, don't buy it. Sounds like there will be plenty of figure souvenirs to buy this year.
    looking for:
    tan harness from 25th DVD pack Stalker
    black shoulder harness from Dollar General gray Duke
    tan colored legs from Renegades Tunnel Rat, POC Steel Brigade, or similar color
    sniper rifle from Retaliation GI Joe Trooper (gray) or female Cobra Trooper (black)
    vintage Backblast v1 missile launcher
    DG Storm Shadow Bow (or similar mold in black)

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    How about a Listen n fun/Tiger Force Tripwire 2 pack???

We got a WORMS Officer in FSS 6, so I still expect to see a WORMS con exclusive.

Python WORMS?