Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Banned
    Cannnot possibly give Crimson Officer's post enough love.

I am grateful for the Club, and not entitled at all. I will (and have bought them on the secondary market) and understand capitalism vs scalping. What I was suggesting was a way for the Club to maximize its bottom line and give more members a thank you for your support gesture. Sorry that was read as anti club. Just because something is always done a certain way, doesn't mean it is the only or best way. In the end it might be, but unless you actually explore the other options you will never know. As for the Con, it will be well attended as the hotels have sold out and more space has been requested, the Homefront sets, bagged sets, and 60% of the other 3 3/4" con sets have sold out and this is under 4 days of a month long registration period. Higher demand and short supply means an expensive secondary market plain and simple, which means a lot of con goers, and members will be shut out. I already know half a dozen members who always wait until all the reveals are up who are shocked they have basically been locked out if they cannot find a way to attend. Again there is an additional opportunity, and yes Brian, Dave, Karen and the rest of the Fun Pub team have better insight into what if any additional numbers could be ordered. I speak, not as a toy manufacturing expert, but from a general manufacturing perspective it is easier and cheaper for me to add onto an order before or during production, then afterwards because I minimize additional shipping costs, and eliminate additional set up costs.

Perhaps, an oversimplification, but it seems to me that if one is a registered attendee, the Club should take every possible step to ensure that the opportunity to buy exclusives is extended to them. Not homefront heroes, not general admittees, mind you. And that's not really entitlement, that's kind of what you're paying for...

Perhaps, an oversimplification, but it seems to me that if one is a registered attendee, the Club should take every possible step to ensure that the opportunity to buy exclusives is extended to them. Not homefront heroes, not general admittees, mind you. And that's not really entitlement, that's kind of what you're paying for...
    I can agree with this, instead of the Homefront Hero, I would register for the attending package and just have it mailed after the Con as some others do. All it would cost me is more freight.

Corporal
    I want to chime in one last time, at least in this thread and actually echo jyoders19 here for a moment. I'd like to be among those who will thank Brian Savage and the entire team at Fun Publications, Inc. I will be forever grateful for the 25 years of dedication they have shown to keeping our favorite figure alive and well. I missed a few conventions along the way and, while I know many of my figures were purchased from after market sources, I have been grateful they were ever made at all. I'm going to miss the club. I'm going to miss getting that box every month with two new favorite figures to play with and display. I am going to miss the speculation around con time. I'm even going to miss all of you and these discussions. Let's keep it friendly and remember that at the end of it all, we're still just a bunch of kids playing with our toys!
    Amen brother! I may have only been a member for the last few years finding out about the club through the after market, but I look at my collection and think if it wasn't for the club how many figures would never have been made. Thank you Fun pub for allowing myself and each and every member the opportunity to revisit and relive our childhoods.

I bet Smasher & Bludd are the last two reveals. I’m ready to see the rest of the set.

I agree, they will probably be last. Hopefully Major Blood is an awesome new head sculpt. I wonder if any of the other marauders will have new heads?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I would imagine we will see Mutt or Spirit today.

Banned
    Mutt it is. Love what they've done with him. Junkyard? Ehh, could've been better.

Private First Class hb_chris@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Man, I just hope they increase the production run on sets like they have in past years. I'd still like to get the 3-3/4" set and can't believe it sold out in less than 2 day for non-attendees.