Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Cool up til grown adults trampling kids for parachute drop. Having to explain to my son why he got trampled
    Same exact thing happened here. I was trying to help my 2 year old get one, but had to stop because of the adults pushing children down and taking multiple figures. It was very sad.

Corporal
    I was one of the people throwing the Python Patrol Para-Viper this morning, and to all of the adults who trampled and shoved the kids, I think that all of you should have had your name badges taken away and have been forced to leave the con. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Total scum if you ask me, still can't believe I had to watch from up above, makes me sick to my stomach. I would have rather just walked up and handed the kids the figures. People like you should know better. Jerks!

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I totally agree!! What kind of a-hole runs a child over for a piece of plastic? I'll tell you what kind........... A piece of sh*t!!!!! And I'll add this little piece of fact... be glad none of you morons ran over my son. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by lindy101_98@yahoo.com; 06-22-2018 at 09:31 PM.

They do it because they want to sell them on eBay for a profit and then people like me have to pay ridiculous prices to get one for my son as there is no way we can afford to come to the con from the UK. If someone has one of the custom red shadows they could sell I’d be happy to have a chat as we are uk based.

I am really dismayed by reports about the anarchy of the paradrop. I am surprised that the host venues even permit this anymore. This is why I don't go to conventions because the prevalence of atrocious anti-social behavior and outright greed has taken away from the fun of these types of events. I feel terrible that these are the people I end up buying stuff from on Ebay every year. I'm kind of glad this will be by final blood offering to Ebay scalpers. I usually skip most non-Joe con items because they are not worth my money.
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; 06-23-2018 at 10:13 AM.

On a happier note, overall I am pleased with the convention offerings. I would have preferred Low Light and BBQ in classic SM colors rather than the Renegades, but what can you do, right? The minute I saw that LL and BBQ were not included - I can see these skyrocketing in $$$. Also, I think that female PP Troopers and Officer in classic colors would have been a better choice than the Para-Vipers, but again water in the bridge.

I was really surprised with the Sonic Fighters - excellent choices, but now I want more - I would love to see a three pack of Sonic Vipers. Not to mention some of the Super Sonic Fighters (Falcon, Mjr Bludd). Too bad the club is ending.

Despite the issues the club has had with the convention, this has been a really fun event.

Yes had fun. Being 1st time here really no idea how things work. That's the only thing I would ask for differently

Captain
    I feel terrible that these are the people I end up buying stuff from on Ebay every year.
    Simple solution: Don't buy from them. No one is forcing you.

Honestly, as an attendee who chose not to go to the paradrop for this specific reason I can assure you that the positives of the con FAR outweigh the negative aspects like scalpers scooping up parachute figures. The Kindle Worlds panel, alone, showed us some great Joe fiction by fellow fans AND debuted "The Joy of Joe," a compendium of famous creators' personal stories about growing up with GI Joe.

It's awful that this will be the last con. I had a great time meeting fellow collectors, talking about Joe and even waiting in line. The bad apples are simply a pushy and vocal minority.

Private First Class lindy101_98@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Simple solution: Don't buy from them. No one is forcing you.
    Sometimes this is the only way to get something you want for your collection. You are right. No one forces you yet sometimes it is the only way.