Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

They do it because they want to sell them on eBay for a profit and then people like me have to pay ridiculous prices to get one for my son as there is no way we can afford to come to the con from the UK. If someone has one of the custom red shadows they could sell I’d be happy to have a chat as we are uk based.

So misspelled words on apparel, unpainted figure heads, figures with poorly painted eyes, and kids getting trampled in stampedes for the sake of eBay acquisitions, and it’s only Saturday Morning? So when does the good news begin?
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

I am really dismayed by reports about the anarchy of the paradrop. I am surprised that the host venues even permit this anymore. This is why I don't go to conventions because the prevalence of atrocious anti-social behavior and outright greed has taken away from the fun of these types of events. I feel terrible that these are the people I end up buying stuff from on Ebay every year. I'm kind of glad this will be by final blood offering to Ebay scalpers. I usually skip most non-Joe con items because they are not worth my money.
    Last edited by kelty11@verizon.net; Today at 10:13 AM.

On a happier note, overall I am pleased with the convention offerings. I would have preferred Low Light and BBQ in classic SM colors rather than the Renegades, but what can you do, right? The minute I saw that LL and BBQ were not included I bought the last two 2011 figures listed on ebay ($14 and $17- I can see these skyrocketing in $$$). Also, I think that female PP Troopers and Officer in classic colors would have been a better choice than the Para-Vipers, but again water in the bridge.

I was really surprised with the Sonic Fighters - excellent choices, but now I want more - I would love to see a three pack of Sonic Vipers. Not to mention some of the Super Sonic Fighters (Falcon, Mjr Bludd). Too bad the club is ending.

And the SNAKE Armors were glued shut at the factory. The hits just keep coming. This is unreal.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1