Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Private First Class lukeruzinsky@gmail.com's Avatar
    I like the Sgt Smasher mock up, he looks good! I am glad they went with a brand new character rather than watering down Sgt Slaughter, its a shame that his only modern figure is the SDCC exclusive but oh well.

Looking over some figures from the surrounding years, I have some speculation for the forum.
    What if the paradrop figure is Astro-Viper? The build is extremely close to Laser Viper.
    For a two pack: The 2009 Club Exclusive version of Copperhead vs Backblast.
    3 packs could be any of the missing Python Patrol members.
    Another 2 pack could be Stretcher vs Scalpel.
    Thoughts?

Interesting choices. Although I still think that Low Light and Barbecue will be included in some manner as the 2011 versions do not match the new con figures which utilize traditional SM colors.

I love major Bludd. Can't wait to have him in hand. This would be a good build for a Super Sonic Mjr. Bludd (too bad the club is coming to an end).

Sgt. Smasher - I was pleasantly surprised by this reveal. I always assumed it wouldn't just be a slight repaint of the Sarge. I like the shout-out to the Sunbow cartoon - I forgot that Mr. T made an animated cameo on the show. I also like the inclusion of removable Marine Campaign hat- awesome addition. One suggestion- the Slaughter's Marauders or USMC logo should be put on his shirt as it looks kind of bear right now.

LKelty, I bought replacement decals for my Equalizer Tank that has both US and Canadian style Marauder logos. I'll be using one on the chest. If this remains as is, that is with no logo on Smasher's shirt, I would recommend this as an easy fix.

Corporal
    Looking over some figures from the surrounding years, I have some speculation for the forum.
    What if the paradrop figure is Astro-Viper? The build is extremely close to Laser Viper.
    For a two pack: The 2009 Club Exclusive version of Copperhead vs Backblast.
    3 packs could be any of the missing Python Patrol members.
    Another 2 pack could be Stretcher vs Scalpel.
    Thoughts?
    Ok just explain to me how Backblast and Stretcher tie into the Marauders, and how the Astro Viper, and Scalpel tie into the Python Patrol. Last time I checked none of theese characters were part of theese groups. This idea doesn't make sense seeing how we still need Low Light and Barbecue in matching paint schemes and the Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender. Don't get me wrong I'm all for new figures but in a convention set they need to make sense and have a reason to have them added on, not just because their amongst some of the most requested.oh I almost forgot do we really need a third version of the Python Patrol Copperhead?
    Last edited by skoor.cr@gmail.com; Yesterday at 02:05 PM.

Ok just explain to me how Backblast and Stretcher tie into the Marauders, and how the Astro Viper, and Scalpel tie into the Python Patrol. Last time I checked none of theese characters were part of theese groups. This idea doesn't make sense seeing how we still need Low Light and Barbecue in matching paint schemes and the Python Patrol Dr. Mindbender. Don't get me wrong I'm all for new figures but in a convention set they need to make sense and have a reason to have them added on, not just because their amongst some of the most requested.oh I almost forgot do we really need a third version of the Python Patrol Copperhead?
    Wow! You want me to explain an opinion based on my own speculation. Ok, once you explain why it's ok to have "Slaughter's Marauders" but no Sgt. Slaughter?

Let me try this in a way that will hopefully make sense:
    Stretcher fits because, let's face it, a RESCUE MISSION needs a medic, right?! Next...
    Back Blast makes no sense, but Hardball does? Next...
    Astro Viper seems easy enough to get right and could easily be done in Python Patrol colors. So could any Cobra really, which explains Scalpel vs Stretcher as well. Next...
    Low Light and Barbecue in Marauder deco, should be done, I'll give you that. I just don't see it being a big seller considering the BBTS version.
    I'll also grant that Dr. Mindbender should get done, he slipped my mind.
    And last, Copperhead was just my own wish.
    Have a nice day!

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by csi_kincaid@yahoo.com View Post
    Wow! You want me to explain an opinion based on my own speculation. Ok, once you explain why it's ok to have "Slaughter's Marauders" but no Sgt. Slaughter?

Let me try this in a way that will hopefully make sense:
    Stretcher fits because, let's face it, a RESCUE MISSION needs a medic, right?! Next...
    Back Blast makes no sense, but Hardball does? Next...
    Astro Viper seems easy enough to get right and could easily be done in Python Patrol colors. So could any Cobra really, which explains Scalpel vs Stretcher as well. Next...
    Low Light and Barbecue in Marauder deco, should be done, I'll give you that. I just don't see it being a big seller considering the BBTS version.
    I'll also grant that Dr. Mindbender should get done, he slipped my mind.
    And last, Copperhead was just my own wish.
    Have a nice day!
    Hey first I do think ther should be a Slaughter, 2nd when did I say Hardball was in the Marauders? I don't remember saying that! All I asked was what was your thinking about why the characters you wanted instead of completing the teams. And if you would like to know how I would have done this set I'll tell ya. Fist Hardball would be replaced by Barbecue, Low Light would have been my parachute drop, leave the Rock Viper and Saw Vipers in their 3pks my 2pk would then be Slaughter vs Dr. Mindbender. And then put Hardball in his original colors in FSS 8. By doing this I've completed both the Python Patrol and the Marauders also still giving the club members the version of Hardball that they wanted. The reason I asked for you to explain how your pics fit in with the groups was that to my knowledge they were never part of theese groups, I thought maybe they were added later in the comic and I didn't know because I didn't really read them. And I still don't think we need a 3rd Python Patrol Copperhead.

Guess we'll have to wait until June. Much the way that Smasher wasn't really that important to me on a personal level, the con exclusives don't make much of a difference. I'm one of those crazy collectors and fans who will enjoy anything new I get to add to my collection. I also wasn't intending to be harsh. Just seems you were looking for a rational thought process when, at least in my opinion this and the previous con weren't exactly all that rational to begin with. Sorry if I came across overly rude.

Maybe we will see Astro viper in FSS 8. Now that you both say it, hardball is a weird inclusion in a SM set but the sculpt looks good. Was there anyone tied to Slaughter or Python patrol that hasn't been discussed yet?

Since repainted have been common lately I would like to see a copperhead repaint that's close to the 1989 one.
    Vote for Blizzard and Fast draw for FSS 8!