Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Banned
    I would love to attend, if the Sarge is there, but the cost-benefit analysis is tough on this one. You aan't fly directly from Chicago to Chattanooga so the flight's up there in cost and driving is nine hours. Hoping the next few reveals can clear up some of the value of what we'll be getting.

Making it a family vacation as their is stuff family can do while I'm partaking in the last con

Private First Class
    Just booked camping reservations at Raccoon Mountain Park. The family wanted to stay somewhere other than a hotel. We are minutes away from the convention and camping out for the weekend will be a memory maker!!! The kids are already putting together cosplay costumes.At the Indy Joe con my boys were Duke and GungHo. This year my oldest is going as Old Snake, my 10 yr old is Sgt. Slaughter and my daughter is going to be Cover Girl. Now I just have to convince my wife to dress up.

Which is a sticking point with all the "Homefront Hero set" people. After all our purchases help fund the Convention as well even if we cannot, or choose not to attend. To late now, but I always thought we should be able to sign up for the exclusives and pay a little more.
    I would tend to agree with you. Seems like a logical idea.

Souvenir speculation: obviously we will be getting a saw viper and rock viper but I am also wondering if we will get an additional 3pack of female cobras in PP colors (1 officer and 2 troopers) as well as Low Light and Barbeque. I know these were already released inb2011, but those are not in the traditional color scheme and will not match the Con set colors.

Thoughts?

Private First Class
    Souvenir speculation: obviously we will be getting a saw viper and rock viper but I am also wondering if we will get an additional 3pack of female cobras in PP colors (1 officer and 2 troopers) as well as Low Light and Barbeque. I know these were already released inb2011, but those are not in the traditional color scheme and will not match the Con set colors.

Thoughts?
    I would love to see the 3 pack PP female cobras. I am also hoping for updated SM colored Low Light and Barbeque.

Well it looks like all the souvenirs will be figures... and not vehicles...
    Which if the Club did not order a lot of extras really, really could hose over the rest of the membership that cannot or does not attend over badly.
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 01-31-2018 at 03:37 PM.

In the past, as a rule, we have not discussed souvenirs prior to the show in order to maintain excitement and the surprise of finding out at the show. We will continue this policy regarding specific details. We have had several inquires regarding the brochure and we would like to clarify that we have replaced vehicles with several other great items we think you will love.

Banned autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funpubincadmin View Post
    In the past, as a rule, we have not discussed souvenirs prior to the show in order to maintain excitement and the surprise of finding out at the show. We will continue this policy regarding specific details. We have had several inquires regarding the brochure and we would like to clarify that we have replaced vehicles with several other great items we think you will love.
    it is a little sad that we wont be getting any vehicles but I am sure you guys wont disappoint

More figures could be nice if we see enough made to give us all a chance rather than the home front heroes getting screwed over in the after market