Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

I like him. Big, burly, looks like a seasoned warrior. My only dislike is he was inspired by a Cobra turned good. Sounds a bit too close to Mercer.....
    Last edited by csi_kincaid@yahoo.com; 02-22-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Sgt. Smasher isn't what I had envisioned, and the Mohawk doesn't fit to me. Now with that said, the hat covers the Mohawk and I think the club nailed it with regards to an all new figure!!! I also think a job well done!!!

Private First Class
    Love Smasher!!! I like how he is a wink and nod to the cartoon Mr. C. My oldest son saw the preview was up and couldnt wait to see him. I am really pleased with this set and happy that I registered in the first 5 minutes it went live. Looking forward to a family vacation to Chattanooga in June!!! Very well done Club!!!!!

I was hoping for a figure that at the very least could be easily kit bashed to resemble Sarge.
    Severely disappointed- The last reveal was the biggest letdown. And “Smasher” teased people into thinking that it would be the “foreign release” version of Slaughter.

Private First Class gjwermund@gmail.com's Avatar
    Anyone who's going to the con and is willing to part with a lamprey, heat viper and a laser viper send me a pm as I am interested in buying them

Corporal
    I am kind of bummed about this one because I was really hoping that Sgt. Smasher would at least look similar to the UK Sgt. Smasher so that if you switched out the head with the SDCC Slaughter head it would look like the original Sgt. Smasher. I do like the fact that the Rock N Roll V2 Gatling gun was used again, but I think he needs a secondary weapon like Rock N Roll. Otherwise it looks like a decent figure.
    The description says he gets a pistol along with the gatling gun, there you go 2 weapons

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    I like the Mohawk. Very Mr. T.

I think I might place a "Slaughter's Marauders" logo decal on the chest of Smasher. Seems actually to be the only thing missing in my humble opinion.

Private First Class madmac41@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Okay I have reserved saying this until he was shown, the GIJCC led everyone to believe this was going to be a Sgt. Slaughter repaint when the registration went live.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    Except the while part in the brochure about how "the leader of Slaughter's Marauders had gone missing, and the Marauders are mounting a rescue mission." or something to that effect.