Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Banned
    From everything the club has said so far, as long as FSS 8 starts shipping before January 1, 2019 then the club's contract allows them to finish getting it to customers into 2019.

So now the club says they may be able to get more sets produced for the con. I wonder if that also means the exclusives or just the box sets?

Private First Class
    So something a little confusing, in the brochure it reads "unit is called into action to mount a dire rescue mission of their original commander. A fellow Marine Drill Instructor, SGT. SMASHER takes the squad leader position.

So usually the comic follows that story. Does that mean we will get Sgt, Smasher meeting a guy who looks like Sgt. Slaughter and will there be 2 figures?

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    It could happen! They could feasibly make a Sgt. Smasher in one deco & a Sgt. Slaughter in the Warthog deco & release him as a con exclusive. The club would have to get legal permission to use the name, or they could release him as Sgt. Slammer; the Action Force version.

So now the club says they may be able to get more sets produced for the con. I wonder if that also means the exclusives or just the box sets?
    I would guess, just the box sets. The box sets may or may not have already been made. If they haven’t been physically produced yet, then all they have to do is increase the quantity. They’ll get a pretty accurate read; based on the emails we send them. The con exclusives are a little more hit & miss. They're made in smaller quantities and still, some don’t sell out; like the Sky Serpent w/ Laser Viper Officer. They can’t get a read on demand, without giving up the secret of what the exclusives are. It’s the main incentive to get people to the convention and also, they don’t want to get stuck with extras.

Hardball is up! He looks great, but I think we will end up seeing him again in FSS 8.

Private First Class
    Hardball looks awesome!!!!!!!!

Private First Class morgardee@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Are we getting any new tooling in this convention set? I was hoping Hardball would have a new head or at least a new ball cap.

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    When are we getting 12" previews?

Can a mod please confirm the head used on Hardball?
    I think it looks like a recolored Serpentor/Salvo head. Or maybe Tombstone?
    Thank you in advance.

People in other forums identified it as Renegades Ripcord.