Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 GIJoeCon Discussion

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    It must just be the paint scheme. Everything about Mutt and Junkyard is a 100% repaint of the 2009, 25th anniversary figure.
    Not 100% the legs look like lift ticket legs which have the knife sheath versus the holster the 2009 Mutt figure sported.

Private First Class etquick2003@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Sadly, I don’t envision more supply being produced. There’s only so much production capacity that can be used and with FSS 7 and 8 coming so soon those have to be dominating production now.
    Last edited by etquick2003@yahoo.com; 02-08-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Technical problems

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
    The legs that the 25th versions of Mutt and Lift Ticket used were exactly the same, except that Lift Ticket's had the knife sheath and Mutt's had the gun holster. When I looked at the SM Mutt arms, I did notice that the upper arms were more muscular than the 25th arms, but I do not know which arms they are.

So for everyone's sake I hope they can get a greater run, and they can get a third hotel, but I would also implore them to think about bumping up the exclusives run as well. Maybe as a preorder system like fss as suggested before. sight unseen, I would be in at a30%-50% mark up over convention retail. otherwise this is going to be a difficult secondary market with low availability

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
    I think we all agree with the your post WindsoVT, besides the scalpers who would make more money on figures that have a smaller production run. It would be a big money maker for FunPub if they would increase the production run of the exclusives also, but I would hope they would save some for the people that are unable to attend. This would keep people from buying some at the Con and then some from the Club Store and ripping a bunch of people off on eBay. I would rather pay the extra 30%-50% to the Club who is so good at giving us the the good figures that we want, than paying 60%-90% to someone on eBay who does not love GIJoe collecting but is in it to make money off of people unable to attend the Cons.
    Please Fun Pub, give us some extra exclusives. Preferably PP Viper, PP Officer, PP Trooper.
    I personally would to see a PP Alley Viper. Your thoughts club?

Ooh, Python Alley Viper! Python AVAC would be a good paradrop. I'm still hoping for female Python Trooper.

Considering all of the sets are, as of now, sold out, what are the chances we get reveals sped up?

Banned
    As the club's latest post shows, it's not just a matter of asking for more. We'll have to wait and see what can be done after the lunar new year is over.

jk.fregia.77@gmail.com
    I do not know where I would get the money, but if they released the Python AVAC, I would get it in a heartbeat.

Not 100% the legs look like lift ticket legs which have the knife sheath versus the holster the 2009 Mutt figure sported.
    The legs themselves are the same but the holsters on the earlier run of figures (2007-2009/10) were made to be somewhat interchangeable. I have both of those figures (Mutt & Lift-Ticket) and I pulled them out for a comparison and they are indeed the same. But yes, this Mutt has a knife sheath instead of the Mac-10 holster the original had.

At first I thought they were the original but two things made me rethink it. The arms do look bigger coming out of the sleeve and I remember Mutts upper arms had extensions behind the elbows to try and hide the joint. I didn’t see those on this Mutt so I looked at other figures with cuffed sleeves and button straps to keep them cuffed. I read on an earlier post that some thought they were Joe Colton’s so I started there. I believe that’s whose they are.

Sadly, I don’t envision more supply being produced. There’s only so much production capacity that can be used and with FSS 7 and 8 coming so soon those have to be dominating production now.
    I agree. Does this mean fss 8 is not happening. This will push fss 7 back and who knows what else the factory has to make. If I remember they said they fit stuff around the main factory. So marvel movies and solo production might limit what we can get. So would rather have fss 8 and 7 and whatever else club had stored for us or more con sets
    Last edited by robertmsmith65@yahoo.com; 02-08-2018 at 10:54 PM.