Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FSS 8.0 Speculation

Private First Class sheila4420@hotmail.com's Avatar
    It would be a GREAT send off to end everything with an AWESOME Golobulus figure-that would be the best thank you I could think of as far as figures go.

It would be a GREAT send off to end everything with an AWESOME Golobulus figure-that would be the best thank you I could think of as far as figures go.
    Absolutely! I've been thinking the same thing about that. We as fans have supported the club loyally and it would sure make for a great way to say "Thanks for all the support"

I could agree, but keep in mind half of the ARAH fanbase hates everything Cobra-La...

I could agree, but keep in mind half of the ARAH fanbase hates everything Cobra-La...
    That probably includes Hasbro too. I was lucky enough to talk to Darryl DePriest for a few minutes at JoeCon in 2015 and he said that there were certain aspects and characters that Hasbro was basically embarrassed of in the late 80’s / early 90’s that they would never see the light of day again. Cobra-La was mentioned specifically and other characters like Raptor and a Crystal Ball. Obviously the club gave us Raptor and Crystal Ball. I believe it was at a panel at the same convention that the Club was asked about Golobulous and their reply was that they had already looked into him, but the tooling for the tail was cost prohibitive and they didn’t see it happening.
    Last edited by arock1922@yahoo.com; 02-28-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    25% Red Lasers / 25% Blue Lasers / 50% Knowing

Corporal
    Don't know why my comment on this subject was erased but there is a mold for the tail out there. Why not ask whoever owns it if it could be used. There's also a mold for the head now that I think of it. So why can't he be made?

The Club won't allow discussion of third party, "competing" companies, and/or casters. They even took down the custom Golobulous pics I uploaded because I mentioned the third party tail, custom cast parts along with the Hasbro parts being used. They also took down the pictures of the sail barge I used to bring attention to the thread.

Corporal
    Thanks for the info. Now here's an idea why not let those of us who want him fund the project kind of like a kickstarter, find out how much the molds would cost break that down to an average cost per figure. They would then know how many figures would need to be made to cover the costs. This way it's up to us if Globulas gets made, because if we don't reach the number required it doesn't get done no harm no foul.

I suggested something similar for vehicles, and it is something I suggested post Club to fill the holes that will be left

Reminder that this thread is for your discussion about FSS 8.0 and any other Off Topic (no matter the subject) posts will be removed per the GIJCC Forum Guidelines.