Thread: Hasbro Connected Universe Dead? Did G.I. Joe dodge a bullet?

Private First Class

Hasbro Connected Universe Dead? Did G.I. Joe dodge a bullet?

The following article doesn't mention and new info about G.I. Joe specifically, but it does speak to the end of the Hasbro Cinematic Universe. With ROM and MASK movies unlikely, it appears as though Hasbro may have come to their senses! The article mentions that the writers room came away with 11 films, yet they've heard nothing about moving forward. It seem like the 2 properties they were having the hardest time incorporating were MASK and ROM; and they are out.

That said, the article continues to speculate that the connected universe might also have been canned, based on the DCEU and Dark Universe's failures. This would seem to be consistent with Hasbro and Paramount's phobia of box office failure, as evidenced with the cancellations/delay of projects after Battleship.

If this turns out to be true, I think it's definitely great news for G.I. Joe 3!

https://www.cbr.com/rom-space-knight...lms-cancelled/

Could be great news. After the, no pun intended, horror show that was Battleship, substandard draw for "Rise" and a mediocre "Retaliation", we need a good movie. I'm saying that as a fan of *everything* Joe. Heck, I even love Revolutionaries, but we also need to quit messing with the history of Joe. Let's get back to the greatness that we knew in the 80s, that's all I'm saying.

Private First Class
    Good news indeed! I hope the GIJoe vs Transformers movie is not too far off.

Just proves the brands are in trouble as mask gijoe transformers can fit. Yet they Can't figure it out based on prior source material. Will be afraid to let the old timers help

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Dose t help that they cancelled titles in the shared comic universe and merged other titles together just to keep that going. Thank god for the Hama book.

I don’t mind having two different Joe Universes, as long as both are good. But the IDW Joe Universe regardless of what book title and what author of varying degree of success, was always better as a GI Joe franchise exclusive book. The sooner they get out of a shared universe and get back to Krake, Michael Monk, and their roster of living Joes and Cobras, the better off we will all be. And if IDW feels like that original IDW joe verse is unsalvagable, then back off, get writers who understand the source material, and start over fresh. Either way you’ll make the fans happier, and sales will reflect that happiness. GI Joe isn’t dead, the idea of reinventing it is.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1