Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Joe Con Theme?

Captain
    Waiting to see what they look like. Very few of these characters were O-Ring figure PP characters. If they look cool maybe I'd go for it. I honestly don't know at this point. Our ideas were way off but they seemed at least more inspired. This means absolutely zero chance to fill out the Dreadnok land and air assault vehicles. Oh well. Slaughter's marauders would be cool to have but, man, it's tough to swallow ANOTHER python patrol set when what most collectors consider the entire set was already done.

JYoders the Python Patrol is based on this setfrom 2003 that I did not see anyone place as their number one must have them in Modern Era format sub team...

Captain
    Yeah, this was totally off my radar in 2003. I guess it might be worth a trip just for the Slaughter's Marauders side ESPECIALLY if there's a Sarge figure and Robert Remus actually showed up. I dunno, I still have to see what they look like.

We'll get Saw Viper either as a 3 pack or with a vehicle. Same with Python Rock Vipers

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Now that we know the Convention Set theme & recalling what vehicle molds are available. I present, what I think will be the vehicle exclusive.

Free give away - Marauder's Armadillo
    Marauder's HAVOC / AWE Striker
    PYTHON Patrol painted Rattler / HISS
    3 pack - Python SAW Vipers or Rock Vipers
    2 pack - Crankcase & Cross Country
    Parachute drop would be Marauder's Rip Cord or Python coloured Wild Weasel

Membership!!! Your thoughts???

Captain
    Pythonized Rattler would be cool, but I've never seen one with the sub-group before because they always had the python conquest which has already been made. Hope they make it. I'd show up for a Python Rattler.

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    We have been Conquest'ed out. Last two convention have given us a repainted Conquest. Use the Rattler mold from the SDCC set "Power Glide".

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I would be fine with no Planes for once keep it on the ground tanks and jeeps and the like.

Now that we know the Convention Set theme & recalling what vehicle molds are available. I present, what I think will be the vehicle exclusive.

Free give away - Marauder's Armadillo
    Marauder's HAVOC / AWE Striker
    PYTHON Patrol painted Rattler / HISS
    3 pack - Python SAW Vipers or Rock Vipers
    2 pack - Crankcase & Cross Country
    Parachute drop would be Marauder's Rip Cord or Python coloured Wild Weasel

Membership!!! Your thoughts???
    The theme is interesting to say the least. Kind of disappointed that is wasn't Red Shadows of DEF, but I suppose the club only has access to certain molds now that the license is expiring.

I more interested to see what the souvenirs will be.

Charles, I like your line-up. Slaughter's Marauders was build around tank, but many of the classic armored vehicles were not carried over in the ME line for tooling reasons. For example, we will never see an Equalizer.

Here's my guesses:
    1. Armadillo - attendee souvenir (this seems to be a mainstay)
    2. 3 Pack - PP SAW Viper or Rock Viper
    3. 2 Pack - PP Tank Drivers Heavy Metal & Long Range
    4. PP HISS with PP HISS Driver or PP Rattler with PP AVAC or Wild Weasel
    I would love to see a PP Rage with PP Alley Viper or Ranger Viper, but that will never happen.