Thread: Iron Grenadier Baroness?

Iron Grenadier Baroness?

Happy Holidays Members,

Every once in a while, a “how come,” moment enters my mind, and if I have time I post it for the good of member debate. This time it’s, “how come there was NEVER an Iron Grenadier Uniformed Baroness?
    With the exception of IDW, The Marvel ARAH, DDP, and Sunbow all acknowledged her love and admiration of James McCullen, aka Destro, so why was she never given an IG version?

Do you guys think that would be blasphemous? I honestly don’t. I think it would’ve been cool. Tell me your thoughts, yo joe.

One more thought, picture a Robert Atkins, Herb Trimpe, or SL Gallant issue cover with the Baroness standing back to back with Roddy Piper. She’s wearing a gold tee shirt with a black Destro logo, and Scottish miniskirt, while Piper wears a black tee shirt with a gold Destro logo (basically opposite colors of Baroness) and his kilt. Tell me you can’t see it!
    Last edited by ATBotts78@gmail.com; 12-20-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Back on a different forum I recall a guy did a nice looking custom of an IG Baroness.

Mindbender customs was thinking along those same lines when he made these...

I think an IG Baroness would be fantastic!!! Not all gold please though, the typical uniform is majority black. Thank you for the idea, I may attempt a custom of this!

ps. I really hate seeing the cobra logo on IG figures/file cards. :\ they are not the same.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Because The Baroness is loyal to her brother, Cobra Commander! Besides, Destro’s locked up & the Iron Grenadiers aren’t a thing yet! Maybe that will change in G. I. Joe III!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassistcarlos
    Because The Baroness is loyal to her brother, Cobra Commander! Besides, Destro’s locked up & the Iron Grenadiers aren’t a thing yet! Maybe that will change in G. I. Joe III!!!
    I think you are the only one that even jokingly consider those two abominations as canon in any form...lol!

Private First Class
    I always figured that she was always a spy for either side. . . which ever suited her. If she was with Destro, she'd tell CC that she's getting him intel. Conversely when she's with Cobra, she'd spy for Destro.

I was also waiting for the story I believed was out there, but never happened. . . The ultimate story line would be for her to be playing a long game and eventually turn on both of them and take over both organizations, galvanizing them into a new super menace for GI Joe.

Sybil, I completely agree. The 30th Iron Grenadier would have been so much better with a Destro logo instead of the Cobra symbol.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Corporal
    I also like this idea and may also do a custom of my own

I know customs can often be time consuming, but i’d love to see all your end results before the club expires. This is what I will miss most when it’s gone, the conversations that spur and inspire.