Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Release date: Gi joe 3

Quote Originally Posted by KordR
    Thinking about it more, the best film they can do it to start from Day 1 of the original 13 ARAH. Run through an Issue #1 style story really showcasing the original characters. Almost Half of the lineup were given very little characterization over the years by comics, cartoons and movies: Zap, Short Fuse, Grandslam, Grunt, Flash, and Steeler. They are blank slates for the writers to take where ever they want to.

You also keep the popular 7 from that group, (Stalker, Scarlett, Snake-Eyes, Hawk, Clutch, Rock-n-Roll, and Breaker) to pull in the 80's fans.
    I would start even earlier personally, I would go with Cloaked Raven's beginning
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven
    I set up my own chronology where Joseph D. Colton is a staff sergeant (highest rank attainable based on the stickers that came with the Action Soldier) in WWII. His son, Joseph D. Colton Jr. went to Vietnam in 1964, was accepted to the Green Berets in 1966, pulled for a special project in 1969, and formed the Adventure Team in 1970.
    then work my way into the ARAH 1980's original line up. I would work Cobra Commander's, Snake Eyes, Stalker, and Storm Shadow's origin story into the Adventure Team era and transition into setting up the larger GI Joe Team from there. Then I would mix Sunbow and MARVEL storylines for the plot and boom the perfect GI Joe movie...

Sergeant
    I didn't know they got the princesses. That is interesting. If anything it shows how desperate Mattel should be to get the merger it proposed to Hasbro done. I still see both as too large "old" toy companies to make an attractive acquisition target for a media production company like Disney. We're talking hundreds of office, research and production facilities owned by both with supply chains that reach around the world.

Disney is supposedly focused on movie and streaming production and, with all the IP they've recently acquired from Marvel and Fox, I just don't see how they need to refill that pipeline anytime soon. I would LOVE Disney to own Hasbro and the Joe brands but, at least for now, I really think Paramount is what we've got to prepare for the future with.

Yes, but what Disney is doing is putting the MARVEL puzzle back together. I know GI Joe never was officially part of the MARVEL Universe, but the Hasbroverse does include some that were, and many MARVEL run story creations that set up their mythos. I see it, just from that stand point, as just another piece of reconnecting what once was, and should be. Of course the nuts and bolts are outside of Disney's Entertainment realm, but once they buy the company they can assign the ownership of the "entertainment rights" to MARVEL Studios and then sell the actual physical production process to Mattel, or spin it off on its own.
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 12-20-2017 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Please do not post non-G.I. Joe images on the forum.

Kord R, if they went this route, the GI Joe Declassified Arc that Larry Hama did for DDP, could serve as a great source material for Short-Fuze, Zap, and Flash. They were featured in that story, and it told their Joe Recruitment Origins. It was so good. I would love to see that play out on the big screen! And then they could flashback to it and tell it from Jody Shooter Craig’s point of view! Man that would be amazing to watch in a movie!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    Agreed! You've now given me homework for the weekend. . . expanding on an origin of the unit would be perfect for the big screen. By moving back a few decades, you don't exactly exclude the other 2 movies. For authenticity, sprinkle in facts from the creation of the real Delta Force. Those are the ingredients of a movie I want to see.

Absolutely me too! That would be a wonderful film and something to get real excited about
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Totally agree- Marvel owning GI Joe would be great. Marvel would get the comic license back and we would start seeing some quality writing on new Joe series (Mr. Hama's work excepted) as well as some sweet GI Joe Omnibuses (omnibii??) instead of those constantly late and chronically out or print Joe Complete collections.