Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Release date: Gi joe 3

Release date: Gi joe 3

Well GI Joe 3 has a release date March 2020 as Hasbro starts to build its cinematic universe. Hoping it is better than the first two attempts at the movies...

https://www.newsarama.com/37850-live...ase-dates.html

http://deadline.com/2017/12/g-i-joe-...es-1202229393/

This also means we should be seeing toys hit shelves for Christmas 2019 ...
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 12-18-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Sergeant
    ... and that, in turn, means we should see concepts and prototypes by late Summer or early Fall.

or maybe at Joe Con?

At Joe Con would be cool, but I doubt it. They’ll save that for their own HasCon. If Joe 3 is the first film of the multiverse concept, then we are looking at basically at least half of the next decade (2025) before any talk of abandoning this concept and rebooting Joe to be exclusively Joe will even be on the table. Still, hope springs eternal.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    I wonder if this fits Duane Johnson's schedule . . .

Last I heard no, which was why they were talking about a reboot. Which all together not a bad idea. But...there’s always a but, they wanted Colton to be WWII era, not Vietnam. Speculation was that it was to establish an older connection to the intertwined other Hasbro properties. But that talk was about a year ago. I’ve heard nothing else on the topic since.
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Was Joe Colton "Korean War" era, not WWII. ?

I cannot remember a single continuity of GI Joe in which Joe Colton’s years of service predated the 1960’s.

That said, if I were to reboot GI Joe, I would start with a Colton Family relative, or a Flagg family relative (maybe one and the same) in WWII (maybe WWI) and even if they can't truly use the MARVEL universe in their shared Universe put in Easter Eggs to Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos, Captain America, and Stark technology etc. Transition into "Joe Colton and the Adventure Team era", and then to the Real American Hero we all know and love. Of course, I still feel that MARVEL Studios should be in charge of the Hasbroverse to truly bring it together, and it should be connected to the MARVEL Universe. Think about it? ROM, Transformers, Micronauts, Visionaries, and GI Joe were all MARVEL Comics (or their imprints/subsidies). GI Joe has uncredited crossovers into Spiderman, and vice versa, ROM the Space Knight and the Dire Wraiths were intertwined into the MARVEL Universe deeply, even after the toy line had died out. It is the only way to truly make a "REAL" GI Joe movie...

Private First Class
    It will be interesting as to how they handle it . .. The movie could be entirely set in the AT era (1960's - 1970's). This could be their "reboot", go completely away from the last to movies by moving to the time before ARAH. It will be interesting to see if next year's Bumblebee movie will have any nods to ARAH, since it is set in the 80's.