Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JoeCon 2018: Excited for this bittersweet terminus?

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar

JoeCon 2018: Excited for this bittersweet terminus?

JoeCon 2018. The last ride. Who's saddling up? I'd like too.

The last time Fun Publications has the reins. They've done a fabulous job, for both scales. They've released more figures than Hasbro has on their own these past several years. If I had my way, FunPub would keep the license for several more years. All in all, it's been a terrific run, the occasional winger aside, they have listened to us, and provided us much product that they should be proud of. Naysayers would balk at the notion that they've done a good job, but they should really take a better look. Reproductions when asked, changing parts and paint applications when asked. Answering questions, and as I said, more product than the licensee. FunPub should be proud of what they've done.

But, as much praise as we can give them, nothing can save them, except another (however unlikely) surprise extension from Hasbro.

So who will go to the last GI Joe Collector's Convention on Earth? What do you want, what do you expect? Hope to see many of you comment enthusiastically very soon.
    These go to Eleven...

Captain Matthew.stoops@wmich.edu's Avatar
    I don't know what to expect in terms of the Convention set. Last year we returned to two classic forms: Adventure Team set, and Two figure sets. While reproducing that crazy rare (and expensive) Marine Jungle Fighter set. Part of me wants a two figure set, part of me wants one of those "Super-Vintage" figures. Part of me wants something new.

Ace told me he'd be there, and I'm excited to see him again. A vastly friendly fellow.

Guests, again I don't know what to expect. They've never played a big part for me before, so I'll let other ponder that.

What do you guys think?
    These go to Eleven...

Private First Class csi_kincaid@yahoo.com's Avatar
    While I am, sadly, not able to attend, I'd love to see us that collect the 4" scale get DEF vs The Headhunters. I loved those figures as a kid and think it would make quite a good end.

We need Sargent Slaughter to be a guest and a really cool set.

Going. Really excited. Waiting for registration.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Planning on taking the whole family; waiting for the conset reveal. So many options, hoping for DEF, Red Shadows or Star Brigade!!! The sarge as a guest would be awesome; hope to see Darryl Depriest & Bobby Vala at the con.

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Excited to see everyone I have made friends with through the hobby again and happy that the drive is no where near as long as it was to Orlando last year. Sad that it will be the last time that we gather to celebrate G.I. Joe at a convention dedicated to that line no matter what scale you collect. Hope to see many of my friends there and make a few new ones and wonder as we say good bye to Joecon. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do for summer vacation from now on.

Corporal
    I'm planning on going this will be my first and barring a miracle my only convention. I'm very excited about it. Im hoping for D.E.F. vs Headhunters with maybe a couple of surprises.

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by bassistcarlos
    Planning on taking the whole family; waiting for the conset reveal. So many options, hoping for DEF, Red Shadows or Star Brigade!!! The sarge as a guest would be awesome; hope to see Darryl Depriest & Bobby Vala at the con.
    Red Shadows and Oktober Guard characters are on the top of my list (FSS 8.0 or con set), but I can get behind Star Brigade, The Plague, Headman and Headhunters.

Most important guest: Deryl Depriest x 100! Buuut, I'd love to have Bobby Vala there, too.

Private First Class lukeruzinsky@gmail.com's Avatar
    I reserved my room for three days at the Marriott right when it was announced! This will be my first convention, kind of bitter sweet considering it is the last from Fun Pub. I'm also hoping for a DEF con set and looking forward to chatting to some other Joe nerds.