Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 7.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

Private First Class charlesbarry1975@hotmail.com's Avatar
    My guess is Cool Breeze. I think a long shot could be Col. Sharpe or dare I say... Hector Ramirez!!! I am excited to see what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by CHADINFINITUM View Post
    I personally disregard all file cards not written by Larry Hama during the 1982-1994 run. Though your point is correct if considering this poorly written, misrepresenting and utterly pointless file card.
    Exactly the point, it is a matter of perspective. And truth be told your perspective, and my perspective do not matter, the only perspective that matters is the Club's, who chose the figure. I also think the careful (and awkward) language of first character appearance means this is, like Pythona, and Big Lob, a character that already exists in the Joe Universe but from the Club's Perspective has never had a figure made of them. Since General Flagg has been high on a lot of people's lists for a long time... The awkward choice phrasing of "first appearance", fits perfectly not just as the character's debut, but the debut of GI Joe in general. After all if it was just a character never produced before, the clue would have been their "never produced figure" line used in the past. Then we can surmise that the term, "First character appearance" has to have some relevance to the debut of the whole line. First issue of the original comic, first episode of the Sunbow cartoons, first issue of another comic run like the DDP World War III storyline, originally conceived to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of GI Joe A Real American Hero. Which the 25th sculpt era is the type of figures being produced. Also, World War III, unfortunately and regrettably could be a signal of the coming Plague con set. This would tie in with the addition of Guillotine in the last FSS, Interrogator, Con Sky Creeper, 25th "Rip It" (in essence the Hiss Commander of the 25th line), and FSS Blackout there are 10 members of the Plague to make (easy repaints) which leaves 5 slots for Joes, plus the 6-7 other figure addons we usually get. So my guess is solidly General Flagg, and it is a hint at a WWIII/Plague storyline for the Con set. Which to me would be a big disappointment, as the Plague is not just past 1990, it is out of the original Century of GI Joe.

Further evidence for the original General Flagg... the 2004 figure on YoJoe.com is listed as version 3 and version 1 & 2 are General Flagg III his son, and V4 is the Club's update of General Flag III. This would confirm the filecard as the accurate representation of the figure.

This is supported by both Jopedia and Wikipedia as well.

Private First Class troysheets2001@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I know it’s way out of left field but it would be cool if it was the new female snake eyes from the current IDW Hama Joe book.

I’d get behind a General Flagg, but the lack of new parts, does make me wonder. I was guessing it would be Fast Draw, but hopefully he’s in FSS 8.0
    Last edited by funpubincadmin; 12-04-2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Warning about Personal Attacks!
    "A Soldier's Job is to do the impossible and then be forgotten." - Hawk, G.I. Joe #1

Private First Class
    Mirage and/or Torpedo in land camo.
    @905rabbit

Private First Class
    Super Trooper!

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure this helps with speculation, but here's your requested add-on:

"1st Character appearance... in a modern era figure design!"

Private First Class autobotcitycomics@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I am calling Hardball

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Lane View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm not sure this helps with speculation, but here's your requested add-on:

"1st Character appearance... in a modern era figure design!"
    Thank you! It helps, now we know it is not a brand new character like Dreadnok Kaos.