Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GIJCC: FSS 7.0 Bonus 13th Mystery Figure?

Private First Class c.j.lloyd1@juno.com's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you mean by "1st Character appearance". Is this an all new character? A character the comics that has never had a figure before? An old figure that doesn't have a 25th/modern era figure? I'm not asking for more clues that give this away, but could you clarify this clue at all? It might make the difference for me (and maybe others) signing up.
    I agree I would really like a clarification.
    Certainly not asking for more clues, just an explanation of the clue
    A) All new character
    B) Existing character that has never been introduced in figure form, i.e. Billy

Thanks!

I'm hoping for the original General Flagg, if the hint is for 1st comic appearance.

I'm hoping for the original General Flagg, if the hint is for 1st comic appearance.
    Works multiple ways first appearance in the comics, first figure, First appearance in Sunbow

"The general is featured early on in the Marvel Comics run. He was the first commander of the G.I. Joe Team and appeared in the first issue."

"General Flagg is shown in the full G.I. Joe character roster, on the cover of the "first issue" of "World War III", along with his son"

"General Flagg appeared in the Sunbow/Marvel G.I. Joe cartoon. He is shown in the first G.I. Joe animated mini-series "The MASS Device", but for the course of the series' run, he never appeared again. The character also carries excess weight, and his physical traits are more akin to the G.I. Joe character General Aaron "Iron Butt" Austin"

If we are right - "Club, Please give us the MARVEL head sculpt and not a Sunbow one."
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 12-02-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    General Flagg was made in the O-ring line in the early 2000's so I doubt it would be him. Cool Breeze would be cool. There was also Mangler from the Special Missions comic.

Private First Class
    and Brainstorm from IDW, could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadInFinutum View Post
    General Flagg was made in the O-ring line in the early 2000's so I doubt it would be him. Cool Breeze would be cool. There was also Mangler from the Special Missions comic.
    People say that, and yes the intent was to give people a figure they could use as the General, but the file card clearly, and unequivocally says "General Flagg is the son of the original GI Joe commanding general" Don't believe me read the card itself courtesy of YoJoe.com?

"But, but... the comic is of the original General so it can't be him", you say? So the comic that was included highlighted "his father's exploits." I know the file cards have been all over the place, but nobody has been his OWN father before...

Version 1 Photo courtesey of 3d JoesVerison 2 photo courtesy of 3d JoesYo Joe.com Club update Version 4
    Last edited by rjhiii@sover.net; 12-03-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Corporal bassistcarlos@sbcglobal.net's Avatar
    Yep, that clue is too vague. 1st appearance as a modern era figure? First appearance as an action figure? 1st appearance ever? Some clarification would help. All I can deduce is that the figure is not a Cobra.

Sergeant iamcanadian@sasktel.net's Avatar
    Yes, the 1st Character appearance reference is confusing. It doesn't say 1st figure appearance, so it could possibly be a brand new character or a representation of a character's first appearance, like General Flagg or a representation of a known character that has never had a figure like Colonel Sharpe. A real vague clue indeed.

Or if there are multiple first appearance in first issues/shows, and the first figure (with accurate file card) it would mean only General Flagg.

Of course if it is a clue that has no ties to figures produced, and just first appearance in the cartoon or comic there are lots of options.

Private First Class ChadExcitement@aol.com's Avatar
    The figure was clearly made to represent the original character. I personally disregard all file cards not written by Larry Hama during the 1982-1994 run. Though your point is correct if considering this poorly written, misrepresenting and utterly pointless file card.